Backup error: check the log for more information
Hi,
My Kodi running on Windows 10 bit installed via Windows Store is now giving me this error message. Kodi's log just has this entry regarding the error:

14:36:10.517 T:7468   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
                                            Error Contents: No module named apiclient.discovery
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\luis\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.xbmcbackup\default.py", line 4, in <module>
                                                from resources.lib.backup import XbmcBackup
                                              File "C:\Users\luis\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.xbmcbackup\resources\lib\backup.py", line 7, in <module>
                                                from vfs import XBMCFileSystem,DropboxFileSystem,ZipFileSystem,GoogleDriveFilesystem
                                              File "C:\Users\luis\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.xbmcbackup\resources\lib\vfs.py", line 9, in <module>
                                                from pydrive.auth import GoogleAuth
                                              File "C:\Users\luis\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.xbmcbackup\resources\lib\pydrive\auth.py", line 6, in <module>
                                                from apiclient.discovery import build
                                            ImportError: No module named apiclient.discovery
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

This message is a bit too hard for me to understand, can anyone please help?

Thanks!
It's a problem with the Backup addon you have installed.

I suggest you go to https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...9&page=106 for help, and make sure to include a full debug_log (wiki) as snippets are not always helpful in solving the issue.
I am also receiving this message but also, xmbc Python 2.25 script errors. Have just started Kodi (V16.1 running on openelec v7) this morning and now receiving messages saying my addons  are no longer compatible. All by problems started yesterday after I tried installing UK Turks repository from Cerebro TV repo.cerebrotv.co.uk.
Have uninstalled this repro but I presume that it has changed my setting somewhere and have no idea how to fix this!
Daffydd
@Daffydd - those are both on the banned addon (wiki) list, and unfortunately you've discovered one of the reasons why. We also do not support them here as they violate our piracy policy (wiki).

If you've just started then it might be easiest to read it as a learning experience and start again with a fresh clean install.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Thumbs Up 
(2017-12-06, 20:49)DarrenHill Wrote: @Daffydd - those are both on the banned addon (wiki) list, and unfortunately you've discovered one of the reasons why. We also do not support them here as they violate our piracy policy (wiki).

If you've just started then it might be easiest to read it as a learning experience and start again with a fresh clean install
Hi Darren, thanks for info. Has been awhile since I used my Kodi box and I see alot of things have changed LOL.
Have just moved house and not allowed to put up satellite dish to receive English TV and was missing ITV program's so thought I would dust off the old zotac zbox to watch TV but now I know why it's not updating stuff!
thanks Daffydd.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Backup error: check the log for more information0