XP MCE Remote with XBMC for Win?
paco & kricker!

Looks like both options (iMon, Sage fix) are only to enhance the support of MCE remote. I guess the conclusion is nothing than MCE through these drivers. Really strange approach. I could understand it if Antec shipped a remote with the chassi, but as they don't why limitit to MCE. Well, private time has also value so I guess I'll get one tomorrow. Thanks for your tips anyway.
One good thing though I have a DLL that can send info to the VFD and I can drive it from Python. With that I will program a script that can display XBMC info on it so 50% of the iMon gets functional. paco's idea and a new remote covers the rest.
mrz Wrote:paco & kricker!

Looks like both options (iMon, Sage fix) are only to enhance the support of MCE remote. I guess the conclusion is nothing than MCE through these drivers. Really strange approach. I could understand it if Antec shipped a remote with the chassi, but as they don't why limitit to MCE. Well, private time has also value so I guess I'll get one tomorrow. Thanks for your tips anyway.
One good thing though I have a DLL that can send info to the VFD and I can drive it from Python. With that I will program a script that can display XBMC info on it so 50% of the iMon gets functional. paco's idea and a new remote covers the rest.
Nice at least a working VFD for XBMC would be cool.
ezechiel1917 Wrote:I'm using Harmony 555 (setup as device HauppaugeWinTV-PVR-350 in Logitech Harmony software) with WinLIRC (Hauppauge_350.cf) and scripted AutoHotKey. Works like charm!

AutoHotKey script looks like this:

I'm also using a Harmony 550 remote, with EventGhost. I first tried using Hip, but it had some strange problems, like not being able to use the directional pad keys, but EventGhost works well.

I still need to figure out the exclusive folder/action feature, as I would like to be able to have certian keys do different things depending on which program you're in.

I aslo tried maged to program an exit script which exits, then terminates XBMC if it's hung up ( which it does do occasionally). I don't want to have to reach for a keyboard.

BTW, I'm currently running a AOpen Mini-Duo MP-965DR w/2.2Ghz Core2 T500 & 2GB RAM. The Intel graphics (GMA X3100) hold it's own when playing HD content.

If anyone is interested in the EventGhost configuration for the Harmony 550, I an post it, just let me know.

I also modified the keymap.xml inside the XBMC/Uset Data folder, so the remote behaves like the real Xbox remote (Left/right keys are small jump and up/down are large jump.

Now if I only could make VOB subs work, I'd be a happy man.
Dudeman Wrote:I still need to figure out the exclusive folder/action feature, as I would like to be able to have certian keys do different things depending on which program you're in.
To do this, make sure Eventghost log is not set to log only assigned and active events. There is a checkbox at the bottom of the log for that. Then create a macro which enables an exclusive folder in evenghost. Choose the folder that contans the controls you want from the Context folder (or make a new one). Then launch the app you want to control. The Evenghost log should show something like Task.Created.xxxx and Task.Activated.xxx. Drag those two events over to the macro and place them above the enable exclusive: xxxx event. That's it.
I'm using the latest build for windows. Works like a charm! (well almost... =)

Also I'm using a MCE remote together with EventGhost. Also working very well.

However I'm a bit confused about what keyboard mappings to use. The only reference I have found is to the OSx-version.
http://dn-0.com/xbmc-trac/wiki/FrequentlyAskedQuestions

All of these keys dont seem to match. Does anyone have an updated list for windows?
This is what the page says, by the way... Can anybody help me with all the correct mappings?

What are the keys, how do I use this thing?

You can enable the mouse through the settings, but typically it's better to use the keyboard. The default keys are as follows :

<arrow keys> - navigate
<page up and down> - scroll up and down
<enter> - select
<esc> - previous menu
<backspace> - go up back (or up) a directory
<space> - pause
<period> - Skip Next
<comma> - Skip Previous
<tab> - Minimize Video
<backslash> - Full Screen Toggle
<printscreen> = Screen Shot
<minus> - Volume Down
<plus> - Volume Up
<0 - 9> - 0 through 9

p - Play
f - Fast Forward
c - Context menu
r - Rewind
x - Stop
m - Player controls
s - Shutdown menu
i - Info
q - Queue
z - Change aspect ratio
Melloware Wrote:Sorry to butt in here but i found this forum by the referring link in the post. I am the author of Intelliremote which allows you to control any windows application with your MCE, Creative Soundblaster, X10, or USB-UIRT remote.
You can do just about anything you can think of with a HTPC remote and Intelliremote and it has the concept of profiles so you can have one profile for ITunes and one for XBMC. So Intelliremote will notice when you switch applications and adjust the profile accordingly so you can have different remote functions depending on the application you are using. You can easily map your MCE Remote to all the functions in XBMC.

Feel free to check it out if you want to get the most out of your HTPC Remote and XBMC.

http://www.intelliremote.com

downloaded intelliremote, it really isnt obvious form the home page that it is a restricted version you download or that it is on a time trial.... great software but seems to be a very underhand way of distrubuting it
Melloware, sorry if i soundn't harsh... was maybe a bit off in my tone of writing..... to be honest I like many people clicked the link, went to the download button and downloaded it, I say the paypal button but presumed it was to donate if we liked it.... Have to say I do like the software, but for my daughters pc (she is 7) and I wanted it mainly so we can use her MCE remote to control Itunes, the price is a bit to high...

I htink the software is great and probably worth every penny if used on the main family media PC but seeing as I cant get XBMC working then I will have to stick with xbox for nowSmile
What would your app give me that EventGhost does not?
I downloaded intelliremote and having tried it I now own the full version and for me I loved the simplicity, I installed it, opened Itunes and intellieremote detected it and my MCE remote controlled it.... No hassle and it works
Sounds like a nice app! Might just try it. And as you say, EventGhost is a bit to complicated to use smoothly.

However EventGhost works fine for the moment. All I'm having trouble with is the correct key mappings for XBMC, but noone here seem to know the correct ones... =/
If your searching for the keyboard shourtcuts for XBMC they can be found in Keymap.xml in your UserData folder for XBMC

/Topfs2
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
Hi folks,

I got my HTPC hardware put together and got winxp installed to test my tvout functions first ... later switching to linux or even keeping win+lin on the box, who knows.
I got a Antec Black Fusion 430 and a Speed Link MCE Remote. Now I am trying to get the remote to work. I hope I have the cabling right in the Antec case, but the Remote doesn't do ANYTHING. Shouldn't it at least be able to power down winxp or something with the remote? Or do I need some additional software for it to work? How can I test if the remote is working at all?

Thanks for any help

boba
I got the same case - Antec Fusion black 430. The Imon IR receiver only works with MCE remote with the Antec's drivers.

DP
[where's the damn edit button? Smile]

I just noticed you got MCE remote. Got to http://www.soundgraph.com, and install their software for the LCD display and remote. Then you can add xbmc.exe as a profile to the software and map different buttons with different keypresses.

DP

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XP MCE Remote with XBMC for Win?0