Bug Video doesn't play when external mka present (GUI freezes)
I have come across three cases now of external MKA files which prevent the associated videos from playing correctly when present. It doesn't happen for all external MKAs and I can't identify anything common between the working and non-working ones, they're all just MKA with a single TrueHD or DTS-HD MA track inside.

When I press play the audio starts playing but the video does not. The screen stays frozen showing the UI but the background is just black/flickering. If I move the mouse cursor it stays ghosted on the screen (see screenshot). Using the keyboard just operates on the file list, the movie just plays in the background.

If I use the mouse to open the audio menu and change the audio stream to the internal track then the video starts playing immediately. Once it's playing correctly I can switch back to the external stream and the video keeps playing correctly from that point on.

If I move the audio file (or rename it so it isn't picked up automatically) then the video plays with no problems (but without the external audio of course).

Debug log: https://pastebin.com/dN4fBSxE

All of the examples I have are 3GB+ so I'm not sure how best to share them to somebody who wants to reproduce. If a developer wants to reproduce this maybe PM me and I can transfer a sample to you directly.
Cut or split them with mkvmerge. One minute should be enough. Make sure the bug is still happening. You can pm me the link.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video doesn't play when external mka present (GUI freezes)0