Solved Kodi 17.6 Failing to play some FLAC files
(2017-12-09, 13:11)DaveBlake Wrote:
(2017-12-09, 09:39)Geeeronimo Wrote: Dave, the very same FLAC file I sent you does play on my netbook, Windows 8.1 and VLC 2.2.1
Interesting to know. It is MS media player on Win10 that doesn't like it, nor does Grove, so there is something about that file that is different. Yet the file itself is not the entire issue, after all it plays from file view, but it is contributing in some way. If nothing else it has meant I can reproduce the issue.

What it has done is reveal a longer standing issue in the music library to player interface. Things work in most cases, but there is something that needs to be changed. Since it is a long standing issue going back before v15 in my testing, and v17 is frozen, the fix will be for v18 Leia.  I need more help from the player devs to understand it more fully or explain more clearly, but we are on it.

So thanks both for raising this issue, Kodi will be better as a result. 
 The files I have won't play with Windows Media Player or Groove either, but then that's not unusual in my experience; just one of the many reasons I use VLC.  However, if I run them through a FLAC checker no errors are reported.   The odd thing is that these have been playing in Kodi until a week or two ago when I got the latest Kodi update on Ubuntu, and of course they still play via the Files menu.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kodi 17.6 Failing to play some FLAC files - by Graham68 - 2017-12-10, 00:09
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 17.6 Failing to play some FLAC files0