Solved Kodi 17.6 Failing to play some FLAC files
(2017-12-10, 00:38)DaveBlake Wrote: No special facility. Sure Dropbox is fine, then PM me the link to it (rather than broadcast to the world).  Having another example, that played with 17.5 (or 17.4?) will be useful.
OK Ill PM it to you later.  Sorry it's not very helpful I know but I can't be sure what version I was on prior to 17.6 other than it was a 17.x.  I usually update within a week or two of new releases so it's likely it was 17.5/4
For some reason @DaveBlake I'm not able to private message you Undecided
I can't reply to your PM either, I get the same message:

You do not have permission to access this page. This could be because of one of the following reasons:
  1. Your account has either been suspended or you have been banned from accessing this resource.
  2. You do not have permission to access this page. Are you trying to access administrative pages or a resource that you shouldn't be? Check in the forum rules that you are allowed to perform this action.
  3. Your account may still be awaiting activation or moderation. (Resend Activation Code)
  4. You have accessed this page directly rather than using appropriate forms or link.
BTW, Resend activation code didn't work either...
There are two requirements for access to the PM system...

1. Post count- minimum 10 posts which you have reached
2. Membership time- Must be a member for at least 2 weeks.

Once both of those are met, you can PM.

Your alternative is to paste your link into a new post in this thread. As soon as you post it, immediately edit the post and remove the sensitive link and save. DaveBlake will still be able to see the post before the edit.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-12-11, 21:20)Karellen Wrote: Your alternative is to paste your link into a new post in this thread. As soon as you post it, immediately edit the post and remove the sensitive link and save. DaveBlake will still be able to see the post before the edit.
 Thanks again for your help Karellen, what an amazingly helpful forum this is!

Since I've not quite been here for two weeks yet I'll try the backdoor you've suggested, so links to two files were here briefly:

Let me know DaveBlake if you managed to retrieve them.  I will take them off dropbox once you've got hold of them ok.
I have the files Graham, thanks. Sorry I didn't know about the 2 week rule. Very sneaky Karellen Smile
hehe Smile
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
That's great Dave, I hope they can give you some insight in to the issue. :-)
Has there been any further thoughts or insights in to this issue?
(2017-12-10, 12:00)Geeeronimo Wrote: On my side I tried another thing. I used fre:ac audio converter to convert from FLAC to FLAC, using the "fastest encoding" setting of the FLAC encoder. For some reason I don't understand, the output FLAC files are smaller in size than the input ones (why?). Then I imported these new files into Kodi Library, and they play fine.
 The smaller file size might be a result of the conversion removing some padding. I'm using Linux only so I do not know about EAC, but metaflac has an option "--dont-use-padding" for this. Also I noticed that your files have quite many and big metadata blocks (complete lyrics included), so maybe you just hit some internal limit that leads to this misbehavior with several players. For testing you could remove some of them and try again.
(2017-12-10, 12:26)DaveBlake Wrote: The longstanding fault is that when the item sent to the player is a music library entry, parts of the player that want to be given a filename are given the VFS path instead (a fake path used by Kodi internaly that describes the library entry e.g. "musicdb://albums/3167/76277.flac?albumid=3167").
Ah, that is very interesting. So this is the reason the goom visualization will display file names such as "123456.flac" instead of the correct file name! Another mystery solved/explained. Thanks!
(2017-12-22, 12:29)Schreibwaise Wrote:
(2017-12-10, 12:26)DaveBlake Wrote: The longstanding fault is that when the item sent to the player is a music library entry, parts of the player that want to be given a filename are given the VFS path instead (a fake path used by Kodi internaly that describes the library entry e.g. "musicdb://albums/3167/76277.flac?albumid=3167").
Ah, that is very interesting. So this is the reason the goom visualization will display file names such as "123456.flac" instead of the correct file name! Another mystery solved/explained. Thanks! 
Very likely. The actual filename is available too, just not from the path.
This file playback issue has been solved by https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/13357 that will be in the next Leia nightly build.

In the end it the player devs pointed out it was just a matter of setting  the real path and file name in a newly added FileItem property, in addition to having it elsewhere the muisc info tag property. Thanks to them for such a simple solution.

So now the Groom viz could get actual filename from 2 places, afriad I don't know who the authir is to fix that.
Cool! I added the fix to the kodi in libreelec (had to use SetPath instead of SetDynPath), rebuilt and now goom is displaying the correct filename. Thanks!
(2018-01-18, 18:49)Schreibwaise Wrote: I added the fix to the kodi in libreelec (had to use SetPath instead of SetDynPath), rebuilt and now goom is displaying the correct filename.
@Schreibwaise changing Path (that should contain the vfs path for library items) rather than the DynPath (that is intened to contain file location) may have other unwanted consequences elsewhere. I am going to hope that you mean you changed it in your build of LE. Better solution whould be to fix Groom, or whatever is calling Groom.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 17.6 Failing to play some FLAC files0