All TV shows but one vanishing from DB
Hi there

I'm having a little issue. I was doing a major homelab overhaul (went from Ubuntu KVM to ESXi and delegated storage management to a nas4free vm, so the name and IP of the media source changed) and after reimporting and cleaning the database, all TV show media vanished from Kodi.

What's left is My Little Pony which is good for the children but I would like to have my shows too Big Grin.

The interesting thing is after un and reinstalling Kodi, the databases and settings where default again. I reentered the media sources, let it scan and all media was listed. 24 hours later and bam, only MLP remains once again.

We are able to play other TV shows by going through files and by opening them with VLC directly from the CIFS share.

I will try adding NFS as a source instead of SMB but I think this is probably going to be a Kodi issue...

Anyone ever seen this behavior?

Regards and thanks,

Marco
(2017-12-08, 10:52)Marco2G Wrote: and after reimporting and cleaning the database, all TV show media vanished from Kodi
How did you reimport the database? Doing a Video Library Import after a Video Library Export (using seperate files, creating nfo files) should not make the TV media 'disappear'.
Kodi does store the full path to each video, including the file protocol. Any deviation from that will result in a problem.

Are any additional addons installed that might interfere with Kodi's internal workings?
(2017-12-08, 11:28)Klojum Wrote: How did you reimport the database? Doing a Video Library Import after a Video Library Export (using seperate files, creating nfo files) should not make the TV media 'disappear'.
Kodi does store the full path to each video, including the file protocol. Any deviation from that will result in a problem.

Are any additional addons installed that might interfere with Kodi's internal workings? 
By reimporting I meant I changed the source and let it scan. I had double and triple entries for the media so I cleaned the DB.

There is a Plex add-on installed but I am unsure that this would interfere. It hadn't before.

Oh and Movies seem to work fine so far.
Scraping a video collection and doing a Clean Library should not delete anything, unless the source has become unavailable for some reason.
Or else... Do you have the Video filter in the slide menu on the left set to 'Watched' or 'Unwatched'?
(2017-12-08, 12:45)Klojum Wrote: Scraping a video collection and doing a Clean Library should not delete anything, unless the source has become unavailable for some reason.
Or else... Do you have the Video filter in the slide menu on the left set to 'Watched' or 'Unwatched'?
 THAT sounds like it has a good chance of leading to this situation.

I just logged into the mediacenter with teamviewer. Of course NOW I can see all the TV Shows again... -.-

So I will regard the problem as fixed, whatever it was, and if it happens again I'll check for filters and come back here Big Grin.

Thanks anyway for your effort!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
All TV shows but one vanishing from DB0