Noob question - video/submenus?
So I will not hide that I am new.  I have prodded around the forums a few days before deciding to register and post. 

I am leaving PLEX due to the internet requirement - I do not want to see my traffic traversing the internet to simply stream from my computer to my Livingroom TV.  Kodi seemed an excellent project.  

I have a KM8P android based Kodi unit, refreshed and got working on videos.  Got it running and all is well with the world.  However, with my former service I loved the ability to have different categories at the main screen - Movies, TV, Music Video, Kids Movies (not in the same folder structure as movies) and music videos.   I am apparently missing and hoping for the least flaming possible to know the easiest way to set up from the main screen different categories.  I am SURE that it can eb done - I am not the most inventive person and surely someone else has asked, but I am just missing or searching the wrong key terms.  Can anyone point out what I should be looking for?
I think you need to explore setting up video nodes (wiki). Check this thread too.
Kodi Matrix on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 22.04 | Kodi Matrix on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
>>>>> Newest MetalChris Addons: Local Now | Redbox | NEWSnet| NHL Radio | Weather Unlocked
(2017-12-10, 21:29)MetalChris Wrote: I think you need to explore setting up video nodes (wiki). Check this thread too.
 Thanks!  And while I think I apologized in advance - I do appreciate the help!  I am learning.  I see this as my new platform!
(2017-12-10, 21:47)mordac Wrote:
(2017-12-10, 21:29)MetalChris Wrote: I think you need to explore setting up video nodes (wiki). Check this thread too.
MetalChris
I have played with the kodi now a little bit and have completed moved from Plex to Kodi and I have been very happy.  However, I have all my movies in a single collection and at a little over 200 its a little bit of a PITA to scroll through 200 movies to find the one for which I was looking.  
I LOVE the ability to have James Bond Collection and Rocky Collection etc but is there a way to make a collection that may not be a true "collection" for instance Jeff Dunham Collection where Jeff Dunham is the first name of the file?  If I could make a few collections (say DISNEY movies) as a collection rather than a node, it might be a lot easier.  

If not - has anyone had any luck with getting access to the file system of the android on the KM8P?  I was thinking I could do the mods remotely from a windows 10 box, but I am a little new at android editing/modification.  
There is also a wiki guide on Custom Home Items... https://kodi.wiki/view/Custom_home_items
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Movie_sets (wiki) describes how to create and add/remove individual movies to sets (collections) via the GUI, but it isn't convenient if you are doing a lot of changes.  If you need to do a lot I would suggest exporting the video library as multiple files (creates nfo files) but without thumbnail (pictures) export and use a third party tool to create and manage the sets (For windows I like Media Companion, don't have a recommendation for droid unfortunately).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Noob question - video/submenus?0