Solved How to populate the "Movies" section with data from "Videos"?
EDIT: following some helpful hints from @Karellen I decided to i) switch to an English interface and ii) rewrite this question with the right naming for the sections. Hopefully this will make the whole question clearer.

Hello everyone,

I decided to clean up my video library after some time using Kodi so I removed all directory entries from  "Videos", cleanup the files up and then put back the two directories with my movies.

My expectation was that this would clean the database (it did - the DB was empty after I removed both folders, which is understandable) and then after re-adding folders to "Videos" and rescanning the library, movies would be back in "Movies".

They are not - "Movies" is empty.

I put some screenshots at https://imgur.com/a/qW6dQ to show what is displayed on the screen.

Q1: What should I do to populate the "Movies" section? Shouldn't it be populated from the "Videos" data?

I then realized that I have a siggle entry "Videos..." in "Media" - which is supposed to cover both movies and series

Q2: how to differentiate both? In other words why isn't there one section in "Videos" for "Movies" and one for "TV Shows".

Thank you for any ideas or solutions!
Hello WoJWoj

Where is this entry "Media"? Is this something in Kodi, or is this the way you named your folders? Can you post a screenshot showing the "media" option.

Also, check that you scrapers are upto date, there have been a lot of changes over the last few weeks...

TMDB 5.0.2
TMDB tvshows 2.0.0 (if you use TMDB for TV Shows)
TMDB Scraper library 2.17.6 (found in settings>system settings>add-ons>dependencies)

TVDB 3.0.1
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thanks for the screenshots. It does not show what you mention. Where is the "Media" that you mention. You state " so I removed all directory entries from "Media". I don't know what you are referring to here.

Quote: I believe that since the problem is with the way movies are reflected (from actual sources) and not scraped, etc. - the extension should not matter
Also, I don't know what the above means. What do you mean by the way movies are reflected? Of course the file extension matters. You can't put a file in there called movie.doc and expect it to play.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-12-10, 22:18)Karellen Wrote: Thanks for the screenshots. It does not show what you mention. Where is the "Media" that you mention. You state " so I removed all directory entries from "Media". I don't know what you are referring to here.
Quote:I believe that since the problem is with the way movies are reflected (from actual sources) and not scraped, etc. - the extension should not matter
Also, I don't know what the above means. What do you mean by the way movies are reflected? Of course the file extension matters. You can't put a file in there called movie.doc and expect it to play. 
 Sorry for the confusion. I rewrote my question and switched to an English interface. I will remove the intermediate answers of mine to further reduce the clutter. Thanks for all your help so far.
Hello WoJWoj

Thank you for clarifying. Initially I couldn't tell if you were referring to Kodi or to the folders outside of Kodi. Even when I looked at your original images I could not see the mention of "Media".

Question 1
Once you scrape your sources into the library, then your movie collection should show up in Movies, and TV Shows should show in TV Shows menu options. There are numerous reasons why this will not occur. The most common being:
1. incorrectly set sources- Make sure you have separate sources for Movies and TV Shows. Do not combine them.
2. Incorrectly named movies. But I would expect some movies to be captured correctly by the scrape. If none are showing up, there might be another problem.

Question 2
Refers to reason 1 above. You must have separate sources for Movies and TV Shows. One folder called TV Shows which is the Parent folder which holds all your TV Show folders, and inside each of those folders are the episodes for that TV Show. Same for Movies.

You will need to provide a Debug_Log (wiki). The instructions are in my signature. Use the Basic method. Once you have enabled debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging, restart Kodi then replicate the problem. In your case, run an Update Library. Once done upload to pastebin and link back here. Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
My Signature
(2017-12-11, 21:39)Karellen Wrote: Once you scrape your sources into the library, then your movie collection should show up in Movies, and TV Shows should show in TV Shows menu options. There are numerous reasons why this will not occur. The most common being:
1. incorrectly set sources- Make sure you have separate sources for Movies and TV Shows. Do not combine them.

Following your comments, I re-did all the operation and I found the mistake I made: after adding a folder with videos, I did not realize that there is, at the next prompt, a place to set the nature of the just-added videos. It is by default set to None and this is why my videos, despite being in a folder added to Kodi, were not showing up in Movies, TV Shows etc.

This is a silly mistake but last time I added videos was ages ago and I forgot in the meantime how to do it properely .

Thank you for your help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to populate the "Movies" section with data from "Videos"?0