Android streaming won't start
I'm running serverwmc on a windows 7 machine, and kodi 17.6 on a Shield.  

Though this worked in the past, live tv streaming no longer works, I'm not sure what I did but I will say I've been doing a lot of work on my home network, though there haven't been any changes on windows 7 machine.  As an aside, I also run an Emby server, and server wmc streams via Emby just fine.

When I load kodi on the Shield and go to Live TV, I see a popup from pvr.wmc, something like "recorded tv folder not found".  Channels load, guide populates, and channel list populates with programs that are currently on, along with the progress bars.  When I try to start a channel, the screen goes dim for a few seconds, then nothing.  I felt that maybe this was similar to this issue but I changed the serverwmc folder settings to IP instead of name, but that didn't fix it.

The account credentials in serverwmc folder settings are the same that are used to run serverwmc and wmc itself.

Not sure where to look next...

serverwmc log file
Definitely the reason live tv is not starting is because your client is not getting access to the recorded tv folder.  It looks like the folder share is setup correctly, so all that's left is the ip address or the credentials.  One thing you can test is whether you can successfully use kodi's file manager to access your server folder from your client using the credentials and ip address that you are using in serverwmc.  If kodi's file manager can't access it, neither will serverwmc.

Does your password contain any strange characters?
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
(2017-12-11, 17:34)krustyreturns Wrote: Definitely the reason live tv is not starting is because your client is not getting access to the recorded tv folder.  It looks like the folder share is setup correctly, so all that's left is the ip address or the credentials.  One thing you can test is whether you can successfully use kodi's file manager to access your server folder from your client using the credentials and ip address that you are using in serverwmc.  If kodi's file manager can't access it, neither will serverwmc.

Does your password contain any strange characters?
Turns out, name resolution was fine, ip was fine, credentials were fine.  Had to do some digging...  So I think what happened was that I was in the process of moving ~5TB of recordings off of the old WMC machine to my new server, and either serverwmc or kodi got stuck (still new at these so not sure which).  There were a lot of entries in the kodi log saying something like "ERROR: Create - Error creating smb://USERNAME: [email protected]/dvr/The Middle_WKBWDT_2017_03_14_20_29_38.wtv_new_rec_fix.deleteMe".  I cleared the kodi live tb database, but that didn't seem to fix the issue.

Then on the Windows machine, I found some events in the event log "2017 the server was unable to allocate from the system nonpaged pool because the server reached the configured limit for nonpaged pool allocations".  Searching for that led me to a TechNet post with a couple of regkeys to allow Windows 7 to allow more SMB connections.  Adding those then rebooting fixed it!

So I think that kodi was opening a bunch of connections to the windows machine that were failing, which caused it to stop taking SMB connections, even if the name/ip & credentials were good.
Good info, thanks.  Glad you got it solved.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
streaming won't start0