• 14(current)
Intel Gemini Lake
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/downloa...Windows-10

Intel 24.20.100.6286 driver released.
(2018-02-13, 08:56)Mount81 Wrote: Hello!

I would be also interested if Asrock 4105-ITX will be capable to proper HDR and 3D MVC output. Also on LE, but mainly on Win10.  If it doesn't do so now, could we hope for a further implementation in maybe a later bios and/or Intel driver update? Or is this totally hopeless?
Asrock J4105 bios 1.30 here.

Doesn't work for me on WIN 10
Powerdvd, Stereoscopic player, or Kodi(no hardware based option), non of them handles MVC BD3D correctly. My projector(pro7827hd) just switches to 1920x2205p and thats it, the  picture is 2D.
Strangely if i play mk3d(FTAB flagged) with powerdvd v15.0.1510.58(v18 can't do it) picture goes doubled but I don't have glasses yet and I can't  test it.
I'll probably use pcie mining extension slot for external GPU.
Well ....native hdmi 2.0a with no usage at all no HDR or 3D ....
INTEL SUCKS BIG TIME!!!
Hi,

I have the same Problem as mentioned in an previous post. I use LibreELEC v8.2.5 but I am only able to configure Max 4K 30 Hz in Kodi Settings with my new Intel NUC J5005 Gemini Lake. Is this Not working?

Regards Rene
(2018-07-27, 21:04)batelcho Wrote:
(2018-02-13, 08:56)Mount81 Wrote: Hello!

I would be also interested if Asrock 4105-ITX will be capable to proper HDR and 3D MVC output. Also on LE, but mainly on Win10.  If it doesn't do so now, could we hope for a further implementation in maybe a later bios and/or Intel driver update? Or is this totally hopeless?
Asrock J4105 bios 1.30 here.

Doesn't work for me on WIN 10
Powerdvd, Stereoscopic player, or Kodi(no hardware based option), non of them handles MVC BD3D correctly. My projector(pro7827hd) just switches to 1920x2205p and thats it, the  picture is 2D.
Strangely if i play mk3d(FTAB flagged) with powerdvd v15.0.1510.58(v18 can't do it) picture goes doubled but I don't have glasses yet and I can't  test it.
I'll probably use pcie mining extension slot for external GPU.
Well ....native hdmi 2.0a with no usage at all no HDR or 3D ....
INTEL SUCKS BIG TIME!!!  
It still can be some user error. All this happened with 3D BD .iso's? Is Win10 and the drivers properly updated to the latest? Have you tried with MadVR? Another tipp would be to try it with Jriver. And before all, to set the Win10 GUI to 1080p manually, before you try to play a 3D BD. If mk3d works i don't see a reason why BD's shouldn't as they are basically the same 3D MVC multi video streams. Maybe there's some settings or format support mismatch with those players, or some trouble with the proper output resolution switching. Looking forward to your report back, when you have a chance with the glasses.
Hello, just wanted to post my success story.

Motherboard: Asus J4005I-C. It is not explicitly stated that this motherboard has HDMI 2.0 but since it's gemini lake I figured why not.
Kernel: Ubuntu 4.15.0-33-generic
TV: Philips 55POS9002

Linux didn't detect the EDID correctly which seems to be a common problem here. I connected the TV to my windows machine and manually calculated the modeline timings from the NVIDIA control panel. This is what I came up with:

Code:
ModeLine "3840x2160x60.00"  594.00   3840 4016 4104 4400   2160 2168 2178 2250 +HSync +VSync
The tv now reports UHD 2160p60 as its resolution. Note that these timings will not work for other models.
I'm interested in a ECS Liva Z2 myself.  How's the support for the eMMC controller in Gemini Lake in LibreELEC?
(2018-09-14, 17:06)Stereodude Wrote: I'm interested in a ECS Liva Z2 myself.  How's the support for the eMMC controller in Gemini Lake in LibreELEC?

Without having the hardware ourselves it's hard to say whether it works or not - maybe someone with the same/similar hardware can answer. If it doesn't currently work then with your help (logs etc.) we will do our best to make it work for LE9.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2018-09-15, 03:15)Milhouse Wrote: Without having the hardware ourselves it's hard to say whether it works or not - maybe someone with the same/similar hardware can answer. If it doesn't currently work then with your help (logs etc.) we will do our best to make it work for LE9. 
They're not for sale yet, so I don't have one in hand to test with.  I presume the eMMC controller should be very similar to the one in the Apollo Lake chipset, but who knows...
Hello,

I have an Intel N5000 with Intel Graphic UHD 605, the movies in H265 FHD and 4K is OK with material decoding, but the movies in H265 HDR (10bit) are not decoding with material decoding, the CPU run at 50-80% for FHD movies and 100% for 4K movies.

I have read that Intel Graphic UHD 605 is not compatible with HDR, there is true ? 

Can we expect an update of the drivers so that the HDR is taken into account ?

Thank you
(2018-09-25, 09:38)LuffyyffyL Wrote: Hello,

I have an Intel N5000 with Intel Graphic UHD 605, the movies in H265 FHD and 4K is OK with material decoding, but the movies in H265 HDR (10bit) are not decoding with material decoding, the CPU run at 50-80% for FHD movies and 100% for 4K movies.

I have read that Intel Graphic UHD 605 is not compatible with HDR, there is true ? 

Thank you
 Intel have apparently said that they will only support HDR output on their Core-i series CPUs and won't support it on lower-end devices like Gemini Lake, so I wouldn't expect HDR output from a Gemini Lake SoC.

However the Intel Gemini Lake platform should decode HDR 10-bit H265 2160p content OK - it just can't output it in a format that is that useful currently.  I have had an Apollo Lake Celeron decoding 2160p 50Hz 10-bit HLG HDR content tolerably but the output colour space and gamut weren't ideal. (And HLG is backwards compatible with SDR so doesn't look washed out as HDR10 HDR does when watched SDR)
(2018-09-25, 09:38)LuffyyffyL Wrote: Hello,

Thank you
As stated above it can decode 4K / HDR content, but you need to use the proper playback software and setup combination to do it effectively. MPCHC with MadVR will probably do the job properly. However as Gemini doesn't have HDR output support, therefore HDR needs to be converted to SDR by the playback software to be displayed more color accurate (so no native HDR with this IGP). This conversion -in many cases- also can be accomplished with MadVR. There are plenty of tutorials and Threads regarding how to properly set up MPCHC and MadVR for various instances and hardware. But I guess doing a clean install and leaving everything on default (or just resetting the settings) will also give you something worthy to begin with.
(2018-09-25, 09:38)LuffyyffyL Wrote: Can we expect an update of the drivers so that the HDR is taken into account ?
That question is for the people at Intel to answer, not Team Kodi.
Thank you for your reply.

So, it's possible to do that with KODI to play 4K HDR videos smoothly ?

My PC is under Ubuntu 18.04
(2018-09-25, 11:53)LuffyyffyL Wrote: Thank you for your reply.

So, it's possible to do that with KODI to play 4K HDR videos smoothly ?

My PC is under Ubuntu 18.04
 No sure regarding KODI on Linux platforms (including Libre Elec for x86 PC's), if it could do proper HDR->SDR conversion yet. The MadVR solution I've mentioned applies only to Windows 10. And you can also use DSPlayer with MadVR, if you want to stick with the KODI-like interface.
Re,

I have installed Kodi 18 beta 3 and i don't have problem anymore. It's coool Smile
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel Gemini Lake1