Basic URLResolver Frontend
I'm very sorry if this already exists, but hey, here goes nothing:

I used to use PlayIt on Kodi, an addon that came with an android app, that basically just allowed me to share any old link to this app, which would send it to Kodi, where URLResolver would take care of it and then it would be played back immediately. Really nice plugin, worked amazingly well, but sadly it broke in one of the more recent Kodi updates.

So basically, I need a plugin that hosts a (web) server of some sort, the app I could write myself. It just needs to wait for a request including a URL and then resolve that (using URLResolver or something of that caliber) and consequently play it back (and for bonus points add a different endpoint that allows queuing).

I'm sure this is really easy, but I'm having a hard time finding good documentation for Kodi Add-On development, Google just brings up weird youtube videos of people introducing Kodi for me...

Anyway, thank you in advance, PiMaker

PS: Yes, I know about Kore and Yatse, but those do not use URLResolver or youtube-dl or whatever, meaning they only work for youtube or raw video links. Maybe I'm missunderstanding something, but some sites (only talking about legal ones of course) simply don't play on my Kodi.
The wiki?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Basic URLResolver Frontend0