Suggestions for news post "Keep Kodi and the installed add-ons updated"
I don't want to be a nitpicker but there's some language in the Dec. 10 news post "Keep Kodi and the installed add-ons updated" that maybe you might consider for adjustment?

In paragraph 1, in "the core code of which Kodi is build" would "built" be better suited than "build"?

In paragraph 4, in the sentence "For people who are using Windows 10 and have installed Kodi from the Microsoft Store applies the same.", at the end, maybe instead of "applies the same", using "the same applies" might fit a little more.

Again, I don't want to be a pain. I appreciate the thought and work that goes into assembling useful info like this news post, and hope many users new and old will read it. It seems like it answers several questions that come up repeatedly on the forum.
Sound like reasonable corrections. Unfortunately I don't know what article you are referring to. Can you provide link
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Hi Karellen

It's the latest one from the News link on the main site. https://kodi.tv/article/keep-kodi-and-in...ns-updated
Oh right, thanks. It's been a few days since I last checked there and didn't realise there was a new article.

You are probably not aware, but most of the developers are not native English speakers. English is a second language. Considering this, they do extremely well. I know I would screw up if I tried to write an article in German Wink

I don't have access to the news site, but hopefully one of the admins will make the changes Smile

---Edit---
On re-read it sounds patronising, but definitely not meant to be
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Nope not patronising at all! I had forgotten about the internationality of the staff, and I didn't want to be nitpicky (even though I may have come across that way). Looking at it again, I do finally notice to the right of the article Martijn is listed as the author (I was looking for a byline at the end of the article, in the wrong spot), and I appreciate the time he took to write it all up, as well as all the staff who take their time to help us users out. His English is definitely much better than my German as well! Wink
No, I was referring to my own post, not yours. After I re-read my own post, I felt it sounded a bit patronising. Your is ok. Smile
My Signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Suggestions for news post "Keep Kodi and the installed add-ons updated"0