Addon Info Not Showwing Right in "DefaultAddonInfo.xml"
This could be an issue with my repository configuration, but I find it odd. Below is a walkthrough of the situation.

1. Go to Addon Browser.
2. Under "My Addons" the Description, New, Summary, and so on shows in the skin where it should
3. Under "Install from Repository" the News shows up in Description, Description doesn't get displayed, and New(s) is empty.

Thoughts on this?
I am not fully understanding the problem.

Could you please post some screenshots highlighting what the problem is.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-12-12, 00:07)Karellen Wrote: I am not fully understanding the problem.

Could you please post some screenshots highlighting what the problem is.
 Will do. Below is the path to reach each screenshot.

Addon Browser -> My Addons -> Music Addons -> Legends (name of my YouTube addon): (Everything looks like it should from the addon.xml contents)

Addon Browser -> Install From Repo -> Repo -> Music Addons -> Legends Addon: (Description is displaying the News text, News doesn't show anything, for example).
Bad news tantrumdev

1. Please read the Disclaimer in your screenshots. Pay particular attention to the second sentence.
2. These are banned add-ons that come from a Kodi Fork and Build. There is no support here for them.

You will need to contact the site where you downloaded it from for assistance.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-12-12, 01:14)Karellen Wrote: Bad news tantrumdev

1. Please read the Disclaimer in your screenshots. Pay particular attention to the second sentence.
2. These are banned add-ons that come from a Kodi Fork and Build. There is no support here for them.

You will need to contact the site where you downloaded it from for assistance.
 I downloaded it from my PC (I wrote the YouTube addon, which doesn't contain any content or results outside of YouTube playlists, videos, and channels). Kodi install on Windows, not a fork. Confluence from Kodi repo themed for a local school's colors I support. But, fine. I will go elsewhere for help. Thanks
@tantrumdev

We are still looking into this add-on, but have decided to re-instate your post until further information becomes available.
My Signature
So, this is where I am seeing the issue. When you go install pretty much anything from the official Kodi Repo, the skin does not show the Description from the addon.xml in the Description field (Fresh, clean install of Kodi). After installing an addon, and going to Addon Browser -> <whatever section> -> Addon -> Information Window ---- then it shows Description as Description, News as News, etc. like it should.

Screenshots below show first one going to the Skin to install it from the Kodi Repo. Notice the News and Description not correct. Second screenshot shows where I have switched to Confluence skin, still not right. Third screenshot is going to My Addons -> Look and Feel -> Skins -> Confluence -> Information Window ---- everything looks right now. But only under this view.

Is this a core Kodi issue, skinning issue (even though both views use the same XML file in the skin), or?? No third party here, as I said this is a fresh, clean install of Kodi.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Addon Info Not Showwing Right in "DefaultAddonInfo.xml"0