• 15(current)
Release Madnox (Leia)
Problem Solved.
Re-scan my entire library did the fix.
could you make some few improvements in your great skin?
An option in which the video playback menu can be made smaller, as well as the ability to change the color of the text when selecting view mode to Right. (or maybe in other's view modes)
More variety in choosing how a movie poster is gonna be like - Smaller or bigger. etc.
It will be very practical if you have the ability to add on-the-fly change Audio Track in video playback menu just like you added on-the-fly changing subtitles
If at all possible, would it be possible to make a slight darkening in the film logo area in order for the logo itself to stand out better against the Fanart background, in Right view mode
Thank you. I don't want to sound arrogant, too many requests
Hi all! I'm hoping you guys can help me.

I haven't had animated posters since I've been on Leia with Aeon Madnox, I decided to look into it the last few days but haven't solved it. I also discovered Madnox 2.0 and excitedly installed it. Awesome btw! Unfortunately it didn't solved the animated posters issue. I know it depends on the skin helper script, I had version 1.1.24 from Marcel's repo, and also tried the update from the Kodi repo 1.1.3 (which caused errors in aeon Madnox, but doesn't in Madnox). Which version should we be using?

I can't find any settings to enable animated art, and I don't have the animated-gifs folder in thumbnails. What am I missing? (Besides animated posters lol)

Thanks for any and all help!
Madnox did not support skin helper or animated posters.
Sorry
Could use some advice on Movie sets. Created a new Movie set Info folder.  Added text to advancedsettings.xml as suggested in the kodi wiki on movie sets. Used artwork beef from the context menu to scan for missing artwork. It would then change my poster to a new one it had updated, Verified that it indeed had downloaded all of the art successfully. Which it had. Used context to select manage then ab: select artwork to change poster or fanart. NO luck it would not change to selected poster or fanart. I would get 1 fanart updated  or  poster updated but no change,
Sometimes I just get no artwork updated. Any Ideas on where i have gone wrong? Thanks in advance

Update - I did a complete scan from artwork beef on all movies. I then updated the library. Many collections were fine then. I getting it done, But if i want to change some art or when it did not show the collection art . I have to then deselect the local file fanarts and then go back in select a fanart/poster i want and then its fine. I now realize that  this has probably nothing to do with the skin, and more to do with kodi 18. I only updated it if it helps somebody else with same problem.
(2020-10-26, 20:51)tymmy Wrote: Could use some advice on Movie sets. Created a new Movie set Info folder.  Added text to advancedsettings.xml as suggested in the kodi wiki on movie sets. Used artwork beef from the context menu to scan for missing artwork. It would then change my poster to a new one it had updated, Verified that it indeed had downloaded all of the art successfully. Which it had. Used context to select manage then ab: select artwork to change poster or fanart. NO luck it would not change to selected poster or fanart. I would get 1 fanart updated  or  poster updated but no change,
Sometimes I just get no artwork updated. Any Ideas on where i have gone wrong? Thanks in advance

Update - I did a complete scan from artwork beef on all movies. I then updated the library. Many collections were fine then. I getting it done, But if i want to change some art or when it did not show the collection art . I have to then deselect the local file fanarts and then go back in select a fanart/poster i want and then its fine. I now realize that  this has probably nothing to do with the skin, and more to do with kodi 18. I only updated it if it helps somebody else with same problem.

I gladly could try to help you, but I need a little more of info:
1. Paste your advancedsettings.xml file (to check syntaxes and compare naming with no.2) (you could use this)
2. Paste a capture of one of your movieset/movie folder (in order to see your naming) (you could use this)

With this I could try to figure out what the problem may be...
(2020-10-27, 16:39)lynxstrike Wrote:
(2020-10-26, 20:51)tymmy Wrote: Could use some advice on Movie sets. Created a new Movie set Info folder.  Added text to advancedsettings.xml as suggested in the kodi wiki on movie sets. Used artwork beef from the context menu to scan for missing artwork. It would then change my poster to a new one it had updated, Verified that it indeed had downloaded all of the art successfully. Which it had. Used context to select manage then ab: select artwork to change poster or fanart. NO luck it would not change to selected poster or fanart. I would get 1 fanart updated  or  poster updated but no change,

I gladly could try to help you, but I need a little more of info:
1. Paste your advancedsettings.xml file (to check syntaxes and compare naming with no.2) (you could use this)
2. Paste a capture of one of your movieset/movie folder (in order to see your naming) (you could use this)

With this I could try to figure out what the problem may be...
Thanks for the offer I think I got it going.  I got all my sets downloaded with available arts. I will see how this goes. Thanks I appreciate the offer.
Hi all,

I am taking a break from skining and the forums for a few weeks. Need a break so i dont burn out on coding.
Will get back to all your questions when I return.

Cheers
Mr. V
Madnox 2.0
Forum / Source
I have a question, I did a clean install of v18.9 tonight, added Madnox, Artwork Beef and let it scan all my music.  When I'm scrolling thru my albums, any view I use that shows the discart. Some cd's rotate clockwise, some rotate counter clock wise and stop after 1 revolution. And some don't spin at all.  It doesn't matter if there's actual discart or not. If there's just the default fallback cd image it'll spin and stop or not spin at all.  Even though I don't think it's a setting I didn't see. I went thru all the skin settings looking for something.  From bringing up different albums, a lot more don't spin at all. I'm going to go back over all the settings another time.  This is just happening when I'm in the music section looking at albums to play when playing an album in full screen the disc always spins.  I'm guessing this a bug, which makes sense as this skins still a WIP.  LOVE the skin though, just thought I'd report what I guess is a bug.
(2020-10-20, 22:16)Dimetrixdemon Wrote: could you make some few improvements in your great skin?
An option in which the video playback menu can be made smaller, as well as the ability to change the color of the text when selecting view mode to Right. (or maybe in other's view modes)
@Dimetrixdemon 
No plans on changing the size of the video Fullscreen for now.

The colour can be changed via the settings/subtext colour and it will affect the whole skin. I won’t be adding anything more for colour section, there are too many colour options as it is. If I start adding colour option for specific things, it opens up a whole new can of worms.

(2020-10-20, 22:16)Dimetrixdemon Wrote: More variety in choosing how a movie poster is gonna be like - Smaller or bigger. etc.
Sorry not something I will add. The skin has a lot of options as it is. I would like to have less.

(2020-10-20, 22:16)Dimetrixdemon Wrote: It will be very practical if you have the ability to add on-the-fly change Audio Track in video playback menu just like you added on-the-fly changing subtitles
Done.

(2020-10-20, 22:16)Dimetrixdemon Wrote: If at all possible, would it be possible to make a slight darkening in the film logo area in order for the logo itself to stand out better against the Fanart background, in Right view mode

Found a bug with an overlapping logo and the poster. If you disable the poster it will show over the floor or darkened background. In all others view I won’t be adding a darker background behind the logo. You can always add a background texture then set the colour and transparency as you like.

(2020-11-06, 12:46)quebert Wrote: I have a question, I did a clean install of v18.9 tonight, added Madnox, Artwork Beef and let it scan all my music.  When I'm scrolling thru my albums, any view I use that shows the discart. Some cd's rotate clockwise, some rotate counter clock wise and stop after 1 revolution. And some don't spin at all.  It doesn't matter if there's actual discart or not. If there's just the default fallback cd image it'll spin and stop or not spin at all.  Even though I don't think it's a setting I didn't see. I went thru all the skin settings looking for something.  From bringing up different albums, a lot more don't spin at all. I'm going to go back over all the settings another time.  This is just happening when I'm in the music section looking at albums to play when playing an album in full screen the disc always spins.  I'm guessing this a bug, which makes sense as this skins still a WIP.  LOVE the skin though, just thought I'd report what I guess is a bug.

@quebert 
Just updated to 18.9. No difference in the intended code.

How it should work;
In lists, when playing music, the disc will rotate clockwise (if you are highlighted on the now playing song). If you move to the item in a list that is not playing the disc with rotate anticlockwise, returning to the start position. Disc’s should not spin at all if nothing is playing. Not a bug this is working as indented, as I found the hard cut to the disc not moving was less appealing to my eye.
Madnox 2.0
Forum / Source
Hi all, I am back after a nice break.

Just pushed a new update to github.
  • Added landscape views for episodes
  • added text overlay for artists and episodes in icon and wall views
  • fix for right list view with overlapping logo
  • removed mud background startup screen
  • fix for shutdown menu when less than 3 items are showing
  • added menu for search
  • fix for next aired info for search

Moving forward I will not be adding any new feature request for Leia. Bug reports only. I need to tidy up the code a bit and get it added to the Kodi repo. From that point Leia will only get bug fixes.

After the repo release, I will be working to update the skin to Matrix, also trying to slim down the code to improve performance.

Cheers
Mr. V
Madnox 2.0
Forum / Source
(2020-11-18, 04:34)Mr. V Wrote: Hi all, I am back after a nice break.

Just pushed a new update to github.
  • Added landscape views for episodes
  • added text overlay for artists and episodes in icon and wall views
  • fix for right list view with overlapping logo
  • removed mud background startup screen
  • fix for shutdown menu when less than 3 items are showing
  • added menu for search
  • fix for next aired info for search

Moving forward I will not be adding any new feature request for Leia. Bug reports only. I need to tidy up the code a bit and get it added to the Kodi repo. From that point Leia will only get bug fixes.

After the repo release, I will be working to update the skin to Matrix, also trying to slim down the code to improve performance.

Cheers
Mr. V

Nice to see that you are back and thanks for all the nice updates.
Cheers
(2020-11-18, 03:58)Mr. V Wrote:
(2020-10-20, 22:16)Dimetrixdemon Wrote: could you make some few improvements in your great skin?
@Dimetrixdemon 
No plans on changing the size of the video Fullscreen for now.

The colour can be changed via the settings/subtext colour and it will affect the whole skin. I won’t be adding anything more for colour section, there are too many colour options as it is. If I start adding colour option for specific things, it opens up a whole new can of worms.

(2020-10-20, 22:16)Dimetrixdemon Wrote: More variety in choosing how a movie poster is gonna be like - Smaller or bigger. etc.
Sorry not something I will add. The skin has a lot of options as it is. I would like to have less.

(2020-10-20, 22:16)Dimetrixdemon Wrote: It will be very practical if you have the ability to add on-the-fly change Audio Track in video playback menu just like you added on-the-fly changing subtitles
Done.

(2020-10-20, 22:16)Dimetrixdemon Wrote: If at all possible, would it be possible to make a slight darkening in the film logo area in order for the logo itself to stand out better against the Fanart background, in Right view mode

Found a bug with an overlapping logo and the poster. If you disable the poster it will show over the floor or darkened background. In all others view I won’t be adding a darker background behind the logo. You can always add a background texture then set the colour and transparency as you like.

(2020-11-06, 12:46)quebert Wrote: I have a question, I did a clean install of v18.9 tonight, added Madnox, Artwork Beef and let it scan all my music.  When I'm scrolling thru my albums, any view I use that shows the discart. Some cd's rotate clockwise, some rotate counter clock wise and stop after 1 revolution. And some don't spin at all.  It doesn't matter if there's actual discart or not. If there's just the default fallback cd image it'll spin and stop or not spin at all.  Even though I don't think it's a setting I didn't see. I went thru all the skin settings looking for something.  From bringing up different albums, a lot more don't spin at all. I'm going to go back over all the settings another time.  This is just happening when I'm in the music section looking at albums to play when playing an album in full screen the disc always spins.  I'm guessing this a bug, which makes sense as this skins still a WIP.  LOVE the skin though, just thought I'd report what I guess is a bug.

@quebert 
Just updated to 18.9. No difference in the intended code.

How it should work;
In lists, when playing music, the disc will rotate clockwise (if you are highlighted on the now playing song). If you move to the item in a list that is not playing the disc with rotate anticlockwise, returning to the start position. Disc’s should not spin at all if nothing is playing. Not a bug this is working as indented, as I found the hard cut to the disc not moving was less appealing to my eye.
Big Thanks for answer's and also for Audio button.
This is really impressive I'm so glad I tried it. It may well be my default once I settle with it for a little while. My initial comments / questions:

1) My 3D tags on movie cases is back! I have been asking around and have been told 'impossible' or 'not going to happen' but they work here. That's important to me to remind me to grab my 3D glasses; however:
    4K tag on case does not. Most other skins have this (but no 3D.) an we get a 4K tag in the case on 4K also?

2) Animated posters. They did work - oh a year or so ago or maybe a year and a half ago on my aeon skins and then they broke. I really miss those. Is that super challenging to add?

3) Network badge on TV series. That's so cool!
(2020-11-26, 20:38)twinpeaks Wrote: This is really impressive I'm so glad I tried it. It may well be my default once I settle with it for a little while. My initial comments / questions:

1) My 3D tags on movie cases is back! I have been asking around and have been told 'impossible' or 'not going to happen' but they work here. That's important to me to remind me to grab my 3D glasses; however:
    4K tag on case does not. Most other skins have this (but no 3D.) an we get a 4K tag in the case on 4K also?

2) Animated posters. They did work - oh a year or so ago or maybe a year and a half ago on my aeon skins and then they broke. I really miss those. Is that super challenging to add?

3) Network badge on TV series. That's so cool!
@twinpeaks 
1. For 3d tags it will check the filename. For 4k it will check the resolution of file. 4k is working for me for my uhd rips and converted to x265.
2. I have not looked at animated posters. I believe this was something that skin helper service provides. This skin does not support that addon.
3. Thanks, glad you like it.
Madnox 2.0
Forum / Source
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Madnox (Leia)4