• 16(current)
Release Madnox (Leia)
(2020-11-27, 01:01)Mr. V Wrote:
(2020-11-26, 20:38)twinpeaks Wrote: This is really impressive I'm so glad I tried it. It may well be my default once I settle with it for a little while. My initial comments / questions:

1) My 3D tags on movie cases is back! I have been asking around and have been told 'impossible' or 'not going to happen' but they work here. That's important to me to remind me to grab my 3D glasses; however:
    4K tag on case does not. Most other skins have this (but no 3D.) an we get a 4K tag in the case on 4K also?

2) Animated posters. They did work - oh a year or so ago or maybe a year and a half ago on my aeon skins and then they broke. I really miss those. Is that super challenging to add?

3) Network badge on TV series. That's so cool!
@twinpeaks 
1. For 3d tags it will check the filename. For 4k it will check the resolution of file. 4k is working for me for my uhd rips and converted to x265.
2. I have not looked at animated posters. I believe this was something that skin helper service provides. This skin does not support that addon.
3. Thanks, glad you like it.

1) my files are, as an example, "AQUAMAN.4k.uhd.iso" which works in both 'silvo' versions (in some views but not all.)
2) they're awesome, you'll love them once you get a  chance to peek at them Smile Smile 
(2020-11-27, 03:07)twinpeaks Wrote:
(2020-11-27, 01:01)Mr. V Wrote:
(2020-11-26, 20:38)twinpeaks Wrote: This is really impressive I'm so glad I tried it. It may well be my default once I settle with it for a little while. My initial comments / questions:

1) My 3D tags on movie cases is back! I have been asking around and have been told 'impossible' or 'not going to happen' but they work here. That's important to me to remind me to grab my 3D glasses; however:
    4K tag on case does not. Most other skins have this (but no 3D.) an we get a 4K tag in the case on 4K also?

2) Animated posters. They did work - oh a year or so ago or maybe a year and a half ago on my aeon skins and then they broke. I really miss those. Is that super challenging to add?

3) Network badge on TV series. That's so cool!
@twinpeaks 
1. For 3d tags it will check the filename. For 4k it will check the resolution of file. 4k is working for me for my uhd rips and converted to x265.
2. I have not looked at animated posters. I believe this was something that skin helper service provides. This skin does not support that addon.

1) my files are, as an example, "AQUAMAN.4k.uhd.iso" which works in both 'silvo' versions (in some views but not all.)
2) they're awesome, you'll love them once you get a  chance to peek at them Smile Smile 
Likely a kodi issue with the iso files. Kodi does have issues with .iso files and not picking up the metadata, which is needed to show 4k covers. Not something i will be looking at for Leia. Matrix is my focus right now and i will try and fix it when I release a maxtrix version.
Madnox 2.0
Forum / Source
Hello and thanks for this wonderful skin. Can you please add an "autoclose OSD option", like in Arctic Horizon?
Wanted to say you've done a really great job with this skin.  Thank you, again!  Since I don't know if you entertaining "problems" with the Matrix version yet, I wanted to see if this is expected or maybe something on my end.  I'm running the latest Kodi Matrix nightly and Madnox from github.  On the weather page I use daily as widget one and get this:

In Nox Silvo I get this:

Any thoughts?  Thanks.
YOYIZDERZOMENEMOHOZEZAZEZDENDERIZHOZEZ
Hello, very nice skin, it brings back some nostalgia. I installed the skin and played around with it. But i seem to have a question about it. Would it be possible to show only 3 items on the mainmenu in the homescreen? My item names are pretty long. I can remember way back that this was an option in the old madnox? Here is a picture so you can see what i mean. I've been trying to change the font size, but no effect. I mean my mainmenu looks a bit overwhelming. Is there any chance this could be a feature? Changing the number of items on the home screen, so the whole text is visable?

Hopefully you understand what i mean, it just looks funny with all the letters, its not a menu, more of a sentence....
(2020-11-28, 23:20)jinux Wrote: Hello, very nice skin, it brings back some nostalgia. I installed the skin and played around with it. But i seem to have a question about it. Would it be possible to show only 3 items on the mainmenu in the homescreen? My item names are pretty long. I can remember way back that this was an option in the old madnox? Here is a picture so you can see what i mean. I've been trying to change the font size, but no effect. I mean my mainmenu looks a bit overwhelming. Is there any chance this could be a feature? Changing the number of items on the home screen, so the whole text is visable?

Hopefully you understand what i mean, it just looks funny with all the letters, its not a menu, more of a sentence....

Hi...

Yes, you can do what you want:

1. While on the main menu, press your control remote "arrow down" 3 times: first, it will display "submenu", then it will display "Favorites"... then it will display "Edit Menus".
2. Under the option "Menus" toggle it until you like what you see. Here you will find the option for 3 items and some other that look great too.

Hope this helps you...
(2020-11-27, 03:33)Mr. V Wrote:
(2020-11-27, 01:01)Mr. V Wrote: @twinpeaks 

Likely a kodi issue with the iso files. Kodi does have issues with .iso files and not picking up the metadata, which is needed to show 4k covers. Not something i will be looking at for Leia. Matrix is my focus right now and i will try and fix it when I release a maxtrix version.
@twinpeaks
Scratch that. Fixed for Leia as i had other updates for the cases and media flags. Update is on github.

(2020-11-28, 16:41)Aaiemron Wrote: Hello and thanks for this wonderful skin. Can you please add an "autoclose OSD option", like in Arctic Horizon?
@Aaiemron 
The Video OSD has a 2.5s delay before it closes. It will close if you mouse pointer is not near the bottom of the screen and no button is focused. I checked artic horizon and i don't see any difference in functionality.

(2020-11-29, 04:03)lynxstrike Wrote:
(2020-11-28, 23:20)jinux Wrote: Hello, very nice skin, it brings back some nostalgia. I installed the skin and played around with it. But i seem to have a question about it. Would it be possible to show only 3 items on the mainmenu in the homescreen? My item names are pretty long. I can remember way back that this was an option in the old madnox? Here is a picture so you can see what i mean. I've been trying to change the font size, but no effect. I mean my mainmenu looks a bit overwhelming. Is there any chance this could be a feature? Changing the number of items on the home screen, so the whole text is visable?

Hi...

Yes, you can do what you want:

1. While on the main menu, press your control remote "arrow down" 3 times: first, it will display "submenu", then it will display "Favorites"... then it will display "Edit Menus".
2. Under the option "Menus" toggle it until you like what you see. Here you will find the option for 3 items and some other that look great too.

Hope this helps you...

@lynxstrike
Thanks for helping. Much appreciated.
Madnox 2.0
Forum / Source
(2020-11-28, 18:06)bobrap Wrote: Wanted to say you've done a really great job with this skin.  Thank you, again!  Since I don't know if you entertaining "problems" with the Matrix version yet, I wanted to see if this is expected or maybe something on my end.  I'm running the latest Kodi Matrix nightly and Madnox from github.  On the weather page I use daily as widget one and get this:

Any thoughts?  Thanks.

@bobrap
Thanks for the report and i am glad you like the skin. I have found an issue with the code. Updated for Leia.
I am working on matrix, will try to push an update today and open a new thread for the matrix version.
Madnox 2.0
Forum / Source
(2020-11-29, 23:39)Mr. V Wrote:
(2020-11-28, 18:06)bobrap Wrote: Wanted to say you've done a really great job with this skin.  Thank you, again!  Since I don't know if you entertaining "problems" with the Matrix version yet, I wanted to see if this is expected or maybe something on my end.  I'm running the latest Kodi Matrix nightly and Madnox from github.  On the weather page I use daily as widget one and get this:

Any thoughts?  Thanks.

@bobrap
Thanks for the report and i am glad you like the skin. I have found an issue with the code. Updated for Leia.
I am working on matrix, will try to push an update today and open a new thread for the matrix version.

Thank you!

I installed the update on github and works great.  However, I had to edit addon.xml and change the xbmc gui to 5.15.0 from 5.14.0.
YOYIZDERZOMENEMOHOZEZAZEZDENDERIZHOZEZ
(2020-11-29, 23:24)Mr. V Wrote:
(2020-11-27, 03:33)Mr. V Wrote:
Likely a kodi issue with the iso files. Kodi does have issues with .iso files 
(2020-11-28, 16:41)Aaiemron Wrote: Hello and thanks for this wonderful skin. Can you please add an "autoclose OSD option", like in Arctic Horizon?
@Aaiemron 
The Video OSD has a 2.5s delay before it closes. It will close if you mouse pointer is not near the bottom of the screen and no button is focused. I checked artic horizon and i don't see any difference.in Arctic Horizon.
Well, I use the TV remote to control Kodi on my Nvidia Shield. So when I press pause, that pause button is focused. So after pressing play, the OSD doesn't dissapear. Arctic Horizon has an option to autoclose the OSD even when a button is focused. You can also set the delay. I hoped you could also add that option in your skin. Thanks
Hallo!

Skin looks really nice on first try, might actually replace the old version on my systems, BUT I can't find any way to turn on the symbols for the main menu! I have never really liked the text-only menu of the skin. Can you tell me where to switch on the symbols?

(2020-11-30, 08:31)Aaiemron Wrote: Well, I use the TV remote to control Kodi on my Nvidia Shield. So when I press pause, that pause button is focused. So after pressing play, the OSD doesn't dissapear. Arctic Horizon has an option to autoclose the OSD even when a button is focused. You can also set the delay. I hoped you could also add that option in your skin. Thanks
Cheers for the extra info. Did a forum search and it seems like it is specific to the nvidia shield and you remote.
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=355701

I'll add an option in the coming days.
(2020-11-30, 11:47)ForgotMyUsername Wrote: Hallo!

Skin looks really nice on first try, might actually replace the old version on my systems, BUT I can't find any way to turn on the symbols for the main menu! I have never really liked the text-only menu of the skin. Can you tell me where to switch on the symbols?

There is a side menu on the home screen with various view options.

Madnox 2.0
Forum / Source
Wow! Thanks a lot! This is soooo cool!
(2020-11-30, 12:09)Mr. V Wrote:
(2020-11-30, 08:31)Aaiemron Wrote: Well, I use the TV remote to control Kodi on my Nvidia Shield. So when I press pause, that pause button is focused. So after pressing play, the OSD doesn't dissapear. Arctic Horizon has an option to autoclose the OSD even when a button is focused. You can also set the delay. I hoped you could also add that option in your skin. Thanks
Cheers for the extra info. Did a forum search and it seems like it is specific to the nvidia shield and you remote.
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=355701

I'll add an option in the coming days.
Great. Thanks a lot. Looking forward to it.
@Mr. V 

Just doing my part Mr. V
Thanks for all your hard work... looking forward to Matrix ver (I'm already using it with Matrix, but has some little issues Big Grin)

Have a nice day Mr. V...
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Madnox (Leia)4