• 17(current)
Release Madnox (Leia)
(2020-11-29, 04:03)lynxstrike Wrote: Hi...

Yes, you can do what you want:

1. While on the main menu, press your control remote "arrow down" 3 times: first, it will display "submenu", then it will display "Favorites"... then it will display "Edit Menus".
2. Under the option "Menus" toggle it until you like what you see. Here you will find the option for 3 items and some other that look great too.

Hope this helps you...
Hey thanks, it feels like a secret option, haha. Works like a charm.
Hello! I've already got everything working the way it should. However, two problems remain.

The first is cover view in files mode. In Aeon Madnox, Screenshots and Covers are displayed in the original aspect ratio. Looks like this:

In the new Madnox, it's squeezed into a square, which looks terrible:

Hopefully there is a way to fix this, I've searched everything but can't find any solution.

My second question is about folder icons in the Picture-Section. Sometimes, it creates previews for folders with four small images, sometimes it doesn't. I don't like the inconsistency, is there any way to turn it always on or off for all folder icons? Perhaps also make it use recursive scanning if there are only folders inside? And is there a way to replace the default folder icon? It's not so easily recognizable as a folder on first sight.

So many questions! Thanks for your support and the great work. I appreciate the new skin so much. Is there any way to financially support the development of this skin? Couldn't find anything on the first page.

Thanks!
I'm using the Movies>Recently added for the widget1 on the Movies menu.

It doesn't show any items that have the watched flag. I assume this is by design. Is there a way to disable this function?

Thanks!
In Movies>Sets View I have set it to Showcase and activated the in the background; enabled Movie set background cover. Turn off info in views . Looks Great. Now If I select a set and open it. It also is in showcase and No info. But here I would like info on each movie. If I turn it on it also turns on Info in the sets view and now that view does not look so great because the covers are buried beneath the info. I found that if I select the set to look and the movies in the set and turn from showcase to kodiflix i get the info but this view must be set individually for each movie set.
Any ideas how to simplify this.

hi guys i been trying to get the imdb movie db rt ratings to show up (see pic above) without any luck
can anyone provide intructions how to do it or what im doing wrong please

thank you
Just discovered this skin and I love but it seems a tad slow on my 4k Firestick.I have seen mention of a Superfast version around but I cannot find a download url.Is this an official release? is seems it may be Polish or German.
Maybe I'm missing it, but I've added a widget under TV Shows for "Recently Added" and I want it to show the landscape picture of the episode thumbnail but that doesn't appear to be an option.
(2020-12-09, 21:32)jerichoy2j Wrote: Image

hi guys i been trying to get the imdb movie db rt ratings to show up (see pic above) without any luck

thank you
I use media companion to scrape all of the ratings
(2020-12-12, 05:06)Edworld Wrote:
(2020-12-09, 21:32)jerichoy2j Wrote: Image

thank you
I use media companion to scrape all of the ratings
thanks , why do imdb and the other ratings not show up in madnox anymore?
I’m so thrilled to have this skin. I no longer feel my Kodi is handicapped. Thank you!

if I can request something; I normally display my tv shows in banner wall view. The current version has a bit too many shows displaying at once. Can you create an additional banner wall view where you have 8 to 10 shows showing per page?

Thank you all this amazing work!

h.
Is it possible to:
  1. Display a different 'clearlogo.png' for each album in an artist's catalogue without using the "Information" function to assign art to each song individually?
  2. Display a different 'discart.png' for each disc in a CD box set or multiple CD release, without having to assign it to each song invidually?
Thank you in advance for your help!
Hi, thanks for the work, i try the matrix version today and it works good. but i have 2-3 questions

1. i miss the Box views, did you bring it also to the new madnox version? please

like this

https://i.imgur.com/mo1lQ0x.jpeg
https://i.imgur.com/2rZoUcK.jpeg

2. i miss this tv show views, can you add it in future? please

https://qualy.hdc.bz/ho7n/Image.jpeg

3. i it possible to add dolby vision media icons?
(2020-11-29, 23:24)Mr. V Wrote:
(2020-11-27, 03:33)Mr. V Wrote:
(2020-11-27, 03:07)twinpeaks Wrote:  
Likely a kodi issue with the iso files. Kodi does have issues with .iso files and not picking up the metadata, which is needed to show 4k covers. Not something i will be looking at for Leia. Matrix is my focus right now and i will try and fix it when I release a maxtrix version.
@twinpeaks
Scratch that. Fixed for Leia as i had other updates for the cases and media flags. Update is on github.
(2020-11-28, 16:41)Aaiemron Wrote:  
it works great! thanks!

Can we get discart in Kodiflix and Wall views Smile
@ForgotMyUsername
(2020-12-02, 15:33)ForgotMyUsername Wrote: Hello! I've already got everything working the way it should. However, two problems remain.

The first is cover view in files mode. In Aeon Madnox, Screenshots and Covers are displayed in the original aspect ratio. Looks like this:

In the new Madnox, it's squeezed into a square, which looks terrible:

Hopefully there is a way to fix this, I've searched everything but can't find any solution.
There are couple of different was you can go about this. Personally I use a concert node and use the TMDb scraper.

Simple method;
Go to video/files and bring up the context menu for your folder, then set content. 'This directory contains' select movies and 'Exclude path form library updates'. Movies and TV Shows use a 1/1.5 aspect poster. All other content uses a square poster. I had to code it this way to have the overlay over the image, so aspect ratio is locked to what content Kodi displays.

Recommended method;
https://kodi.wiki/view/Music_concerts
This is what I use for my concerts. It allows you to be able to select all the views and show metadata like the plot, year etc. so you can see all that eye candy.
So if your concert is not on the TMDb you will have to create an account and add a movie, then artwork, plot, year ect. This helps the community and also if anything where to happen to your database you can simply scrape all the info off the web.

(2020-12-02, 15:33)ForgotMyUsername Wrote: My second question is about folder icons in the Picture-Section. Sometimes, it creates previews for folders with four small images, sometimes it doesn't. I don't like the inconsistency, is there any way to turn it always on or off for all folder icons? Perhaps also make it use recursive scanning if there are only folders inside? And is there a way to replace the default folder icon? It's not so easily recognizable as a folder on first sight.
This is not so much skin related, but Kodi settings. The skin simply displays what Kodi provides. Settings for picture thumbnails are under 'media settings/pictures'. If you want to change the folder icon place a texture 'DefaultFolder.png' in the media folder.

(2020-12-02, 15:33)ForgotMyUsername Wrote: So many questions! Thanks for your support and the great work. I appreciate the new skin so much. Is there any way to financially support the development of this skin? Couldn't find anything on the first page.

Thanks!
Thanks for the offer. I have re-created this skin for my own enjoyment and have shared it with the Kodi community. No need for any donations, all it has cost me is time which I am happy to provide when possible. If in the future, I need to provide support for hardware I do not use, I may consider adding a donate button.
Madnox 2.0
Forum / Source
(2020-12-03, 02:35)rhinoTV Wrote: I'm using the Movies>Recently added for the widget1 on the Movies menu.

It doesn't show any items that have the watched flag. I assume this is by design. Is there a way to disable this function?

Thanks!
@rhinoTV

It is by design.
For Leia you will need to make a playlist to include watched items.

For matrix just pushed an update for an option to include unwatched items.
Post in this thread for matrix.
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=359335

(2020-12-09, 21:32)jerichoy2j Wrote: hi guys i been trying to get the imdb movie db rt ratings to show up (see pic above) without any luck

thank you
@jerichoy2j
The ratings in the DB require universal movie scraper for your movies. After this you can use 'Metadata Editor' to update your ratings.

(2020-12-10, 11:19)roysmith Wrote: Just discovered this skin and I love but it seems a tad slow on my 4k Firestick.I have seen mention of a Superfast version around but I cannot find a download url.Is this an official release? is seems it may be Polish or German.
@roysmith
This is an official release. It should be faster than Madnox 1.0.
You can download this skin from Kodi's repo. There is a lot of eye candy, clearart, discart ect. It is an artwork rich skin, so all that extra artwork will slow things down.

Besides my dev pc I am running this on a slow android tv and all is ok.

To speed things up check out skin settings. Disable any views you do not use, If you use widgets reduce the number of items. instead of 20 make it 10. 6 widgets can be set. The less you you have the faster it will be. Disable any disc art or clear art, and don't use any background effects.

(2020-12-11, 18:34)Yousty Wrote: Maybe I'm missing it, but I've added a widget under TV Shows for "Recently Added" and I want it to show the landscape picture of the episode thumbnail but that doesn't appear to be an option.
@Yousty
You mentioned 'TV Shows'. You need to select 'Episodes' and change the artwork type to 'episode thumb'.

(2020-12-15, 02:42)hernando Wrote: I’m so thrilled to have this skin. I no longer feel my Kodi is handicapped. Thank you!

if I can request something; I normally display my tv shows in banner wall view. The current version has a bit too many shows displaying at once. Can you create an additional banner wall view where you have 8 to 10 shows showing per page?

Thank you all this amazing work!

h.
@hernando
Possibly in the future for matrix. This is the matrix thread.

(2020-12-16, 17:10)chauncey Wrote: Is it possible to:
  1. Display a different 'clearlogo.png' for each album in an artist's catalogue without using the "Information" function to assign art to each song individually?
  2. Display a different 'discart.png' for each disc in a CD box set or multiple CD release, without having to assign it to each song invidually?
Thank you in advance for your help!
@chauncey
Not for Leia.
Matrix is a WIP. Cant say for sure.
Please post in this thread for matrix.

(2020-12-25, 10:21)TrailFoX Wrote: Hi, thanks for the work, i try the matrix version today and it works good. but i have 2-3 questions

1. i miss the Box views, did you bring it also to the new madnox version? please

like this

https://i.imgur.com/mo1lQ0x.jpeg
https://i.imgur.com/2rZoUcK.jpeg

2. i miss this tv show views, can you add it in future? please

https://qualy.hdc.bz/ho7n/Image.jpeg

3. i it possible to add dolby vision media icons?
@TrailFoX
Sorry wont be adding the box views or the TV show view you posted.
Kodi does not support Dolby vision. Not atm.

(2020-12-25, 21:35)twinpeaks Wrote: Can we get discart in Kodiflix and Wall views Smile

Maybe for matrix?
Madnox 2.0
Forum / Source
  • 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Madnox (Leia)4