AppleTV 4 - Backup settings, addons, etc. - 17.0
Hey All,
I was wondering if anyone would know how to backup all the settings, addons, everything for Kodi (17.0) on AppleTV4?
I've done a bit of searching around but the information I found on the kodi wiki seems to be written for the ATV2 and the locations I tried aren't the same.

Thanks in advance!
I know of two ways:

1. https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=298397 (check the post by dantheman)
2. Use the backup addon from the Kodi official repo.

I have tried both and they seem to work.
Thanks for the reply!

I'm having a bit of trouble getting my ATV4 to be visible to Xcode, I was wondering if you knew anything I could do to help get that working?
I can see the ATV in iTunes when I put it into DFU mode but then you cant access the package contents.

I've tried on OSX 10.12.6, Xcode 9.2. I also tried the backup addon, for some reason when I restored from 17.0b3 on ATV4 to 17.0 on OSX the config and addon listing was very different.

Thanks again for your help!
I dont think restoring from backup across platforms or even across Kodi versions is recommended. The folder structure may be different but i am not an expert. You can ask the addon developer in the Backup addon thread.

With regard to the Xcode issue, i am not an expert there either but i would assume you have used the instruction from the first post of this thread (https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2148647) to load Kodi on your ATV4. If you are able to use Xcode to sideload Kodi then it should definitely be visible. Otherwise trying going through the first 6 steps or so.

Thanks
I can confirm the method works as expected for the recent Kodi (20.1).

Things to keep in mind:
  • When downloading the container do not let Apple TV or your computer go to sleep. Xcode sometimes won't inform you of container download interruption. Due to this fact, I tried to upload a 12 MB container backup, where a fresh container download starts at around 300 MB+.
  • For me restore did not work until I run it on a fresh Kodi install, without even opening it. Simply start uploading the container right after you upload Kodi.
This is huge as every Apple TV update resets Kodi.

Have fun!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AppleTV 4 - Backup settings, addons, etc. - 17.00