Chromebox Won't Boot After EZ Standalone Install
Hi,

I've recently installed the standalone custom firmware on my ASUS CN62 Chromebox with the intention of installing Windows 10 and now it won't boot up at all...no video, nothing!

What can I do? Help!

Thanks,

Ben
(2017-12-12, 18:53)Ben Mooney Wrote: Hi,

I've recently installed the standalone custom firmware on my ASUS CN62 Chromebox with the intention of installing Windows 10 and now it won't boot up at all...no video, nothing!

What can I do? Help!

Thanks,

Ben
try testing on another display or with another cable?  If still nothing, might have been a bad flash and will need to be resuscitated with an external flash programmer
Thanks! I've tried 3 monitors and 4 cables... Any guides on how to reflash?
(2017-12-13, 19:39)Ben Mooney Wrote: Thanks! I've tried 3 monitors and 4 cables... Any guides on how to reflash?
 it's a bit trickier with Chromeboxes since the MAC address is stored in the flash and you don't want to lose that.  Shoot me an email at mrchromebox at gmail and I'll get you sorted
(2017-12-13, 22:27)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2017-12-13, 19:39)Ben Mooney Wrote: Thanks! I've tried 3 monitors and 4 cables... Any guides on how to reflash?
 it's a bit trickier with Chromeboxes since the MAC address is stored in the flash and you don't want to lose that.  Shoot me an email at mrchromebox at gmail and I'll get you sorted

Thanks for the reply again. I've dropped you an email.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Chromebox Won't Boot After EZ Standalone Install0