TMDB- MovieSet Overview Scraping
Hello olympia

Is it possible to add the function to scrape Movie Set plot/overview?

<set>
<name></name>
<overview></overview>
</set>
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-12-12, 00:24)Karellen Wrote: Hello olympia

Is it possible to add the function to scrape Movie Set plot/overview?

<set>
<name></name>
<overview></overview>
</set>
No so sure and I don't think this is supported by core (I mean Kodi core wouldn't expect this from a scraper addon); some more knowledgeable than me should confirm this is possible; then there is surely no problem from the scraper side.
Ok, thanks @olympia

There is a DB field (strOverview) for it in Sets table of MyVideos1xx.db. If I manually edit the field and add overview or scrape using NFO Files with Overview data, it shows in supported skins, though.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-12-13, 00:52)Karellen Wrote: Ok, thanks @olympia

There is a DB field (strOverview) for it in Sets table of MyVideos1xx.db. If I manually edit the field and add overview or scrape using NFO Files with Overview data, it shows in supported skins, though.
 Still it doesn't mean the scraper interface also supports it. I will do some tests when I can find some time. Which skin supports this I can test with?
Ok, understand.

I know for certain Aeon Nox-TriPanel view, Embuary, (fuse)Neue, Estuary Mod (but badly formatted), possibly also Rapier if I recall correctly.

The screenshot is from (fuse)Neue using Poster View in Sets node. (should be the default view)

TMDB allows Collection overviews. Here is the overview for Matrix Collection... https://www.themoviedb.org/collection/2344

A couple of screenshots from my test machine...

Thanks @olympia Smile
My Signature
Is this "Set" thing relevant to the TV scraper?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
No, just to Movies

---Edit---
Ahh, bugger. I am in the TV section of TMDB. Thanks nickr Smile
My Signature
I have bad news on this. I've got the scraper to scrape collection data as 

ParseTMDBSet returned <details><set><name>The Fast and the Furious Collection</name><overview>An action film series centered on illegal street racing and heists.</overview></set></details>

...and only the "name" made it into the database, the overview has been omitted by core.

@Karellen, not sure who would be the best to address a feature request on for this, do you know?
Hi @olympia

Thanks for looking into it. Just as you suspected.

I'll post a message in the team channel and see if anyone raises their hand. Smile
My Signature
try https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/13224
Hey spiff, wow, hasn't realized you are officially back now! Cheers for this! 

Actually I have no dev environment anymore, so I can't build myself. Can you merge this, so I can try/ test with the next nightly build?
I wasn't aware that overview scraping was available, just bugging. Is scraping of set/ collection images also available?
okay, i will merge, it's a rather obvious logic error. images are not in there no, but it shouldn't be too hard to add if core already supports it
Yes, core supports it, at least image can be set in the GUI/ context menu. Can you be arsed to have a look when you can find some time? Smile
i don't think i have to Wink it will come in through https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/12612
Looks cool spiff

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TMDB- MovieSet Overview Scraping0