Video file types filtering
Hello,
I cant manage to show only videos in the Video menu.
Some types are displayed even if they have nothing to do with videos. Like .m3u or .iso for exemple.
I tried to setup video extentions in advancedsettings.xml without luck so far :

<advancedsettings>
   <videoextensions>
     <add>.ex1|.ex2</add>
     <remove>.doc|.zip|.epub|.pdf|.m3u|.iso</remove>
   </videoextensions>
   </advancedsettings>

And worse, directories with no videos inside are always shown. If I entered them, there is no files to be displayed.
How can I fix that ?
What screen are you in? Are you viewing Videos>Files or are you using Movies from the main menu?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-12-13, 21:02)Karellen Wrote: What screen are you in? Are you viewing Videos>Files or are you using Movies from the main menu?
Video > Files > Some source of video
I tried Movies and Video > Movies but that's not sorted by location.
Quote:Some types are displayed even if they have nothing to do with videos. Like .m3u or .iso for exemple.
That is incorrect. They have everything to do with videos. It is more likely you are not understanding what they are.

It is not something I use, but I tried using your code above. First I created some dummy files and put them in a movie folder. I never expected to see .doc, .zip, .epub and .pdf shown in the video section, and they did not appear. The other two did. I then did a straight copy and paste of your code above and it worked. It hid the m3u and the iso files no problems.

Maybe you have your advancedsettings.xml file in the wrong location and Kodi is not picking it up. Submit a debug log (wiki) and I can have a look. Also you don't need that additional line <add>.ex1|.ex2</add>.

Why do you mix your media? Wouldn't it be easier to separate your eBooks out of your movies?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-12-14, 03:32)Karellen Wrote: Why do you mix your media? Wouldn't it be easier to separate your eBooks out of your movies? 
Well, I dont mix intentionnaly but it just happen that in that location there is movies and other files like books or iso.
Just a common "Download" location.
I understand for the code and will check that but is there a setting to hide 'empty' directories. ie directories with no file to be displayed. Like a directory that contains only books.

Edit :
advancedsettings.xml was indeed in the wrong location : d:\apps\kodi\userdata should be %appdata%\Kodi\userdata\
Not if you are using Videos>Files. That is basically a simple File Browser.
My Signature
(2017-12-14, 10:53)Karellen Wrote: Not if you are using Videos>Files. That is basically a simple File Browser.
Ok, got it now.
I may improve this later but for now it does the job if the files are identified.
Like this :

<video>
  <excludefromlisting> <!-- Regular expressions that if evaluated to true won't be displayed in Files View -->
    <regexp>WOOD</regexp>
    <regexp>Server.*</regexp>
    <regexp>FLAC*</regexp>
    <regexp>Books</regexp>
    <regexp>ISOs</regexp>
  </excludefromlisting>
</video>
(2017-12-13, 20:18)mururoa69 Wrote: Some types are displayed even if they have nothing to do with videos. Like .m3u or .iso for exemple.

Just for your information, the M3U files show in videos because many people use static m3u playlists of videos or iptv channels and ISO files show because many people rip DVD's or Blu-rays to iso as they want the complete optical disk ripped to storage as a single files and a disk image format is the best way to do this. So in general they can be to do with video hence why as default we show these types, however I guess in your case the M3U files might be music playlists, and the ISO's might be disk images of music CD's or maybe even something not even media related such as program application install disks. By default we only filter out anything that will never have any relevance to the section you are in, so files such as mp3 or flac which can only ever be music files are excluded from video file views, and files such as mkv or avi which can only ever be video files are excluded from music file views.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video file types filtering0