v17 Aftv using Kodi question
Hi all

I’m not sure if this is the place where this question should be asked but I’m running into something that so puzzling and I can’t figure it out I was wondering if somebody on here can help me. I have a huge movie collection I’ve been collecting dvds and bd’ all my life and for the past few years I’ve been converting all my movies to mkv to store on my hardrives. So I purchased a Fire TV And installed Kodi and I was trying to add my local library to the Fire TV. everything is adding just fine but when I go to play the movies it throws me out of Kodi. If I add just a few movies it works great but I have several thousand movies in my collection and when I added all 3600 it boots me out. As a test I repeated this process on my pc everything worked just fine but adding the same amount of local content to the fire tv just kicks me out. I would stick to the computer but I like the size of the fire tv for bedrooms and my office and since I’m running win 7 and my pc is kinda old I think the fire tv processes newer movies better 4K stuff in example. I thought maybe it was fire tv’s low storage so I added a sd card and transferd data to the card so it wouldnt run out of space. Same issue. I’m connecting thru the smb to my pc that has all my content. I have gigabit speed cat 6 running thru the house. I’m just puzzled. This is the only reason I bought the fire tv. Just to have a small device that can stream my personal collection. It looks great but doesn’t do it properly. If anyone can think of what I’m doing wrong please help. I’m looking online like crazy but can’t find anyone with the same issue.
Hello sacsweep

I'll move you to the Android forum where you can receive advice from users experienced with Fire TV.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Let me suggest that you factory default the AFTV then install only SPMC and nothing else. No add-on no repo and do not enable live TV or pvr. Client.
Try to scan library again and display content as basic text only.
If it works...proceed to enable other stuff one at a time until it breaks.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aftv using Kodi question0