v17 duplicate entries - cleanup doesn't remove them
After a lot of digging on the internet I can't seem to find the solution, so I hope you can help. I did the following:

//NAS/Series/Running/SerieName/Season1/Episode1/file.mkv -> Move to //NAS/Series/Ended/SerieName/Season1/Episode1/file.mkv

So the file on the previous location 'Running' has been moved to 'Ended', this means it isn't available on the first source but only available on the second source. After doing a library update this gave me a duplicate entry for file.mkv, the original location remained and the new location was added as an entry. In my case I had all episode of that serie twice.

Since the original location isn't available anymore I thought running a clean library would remove the first location and my duplicate entry entry would be gone. But that didn't happen, running a clean library doesn't do anything.

I can't seem to figure this out, the first file is actually gone and replaced to a new location. So it's not pointing to the same location or whatever. 
A clean library should remove this, but it doesn't.

Any ideas?
If your source is linked to //NAS/Series, it will still be scraped and handled in the video library, albeit on the new location.

So you'd better create to root folders for using separate sources to your tv series: //NAS/Series/Running and //NAS/Series/Ended

Personally I have no idea what this file movement accomplishes. What is the logic behind it?
If you don't want to see tv series or episodes, that you have already watched, in the video listing anymore, you can enable the watched/unwatched filter in the left slide menu. No moving series files required.
(2017-12-14, 22:16)Klojum Wrote: If your source is linked to //NAS/Series, it will still be scraped and handled in the video library, albeit on the new location.

So you'd better create to root folders for using separate sources to your tv series: //NAS/Series/Running and //NAS/Series/Ended

Personally I have no idea what this file movement accomplishes. What is the logic behind it?
If you don't want to see tv series or episodes, that you have already watched, in the video listing anymore, you can enable the watched/unwatched filter in the left slide menu. No moving series files required.
I keep all ongoing TV shows in the folder running and all closed ones in the folder ended, this helps organizing my TV shows outside of Kodi if I'm adding or deleting stuff.

I already have seperate sources, exactly as you mentioned. So I don't get it why clean library doesn't remove the moved file from the 'running' source. Isn't this the point of clean library?
Hmm... Strange indeed. As stated, as long as Kodi is able to find videos via a source, those videos will not be removed from the that source.
Personally I would look for clues by peeking into the video database directly, but I know that not everyone knows SQL queries or how to handle sql databases in the first place.
(2017-12-17, 05:13)Klojum Wrote: Hmm... Strange indeed. As stated, as long as Kodi is able to find videos via a source, those videos will not be removed from the that source.
Personally I would look for clues by peeking into the video database directly, but I know that not everyone knows SQL queries or how to handle sql databases in the first place.
Could it be that Kodi won't remove anything if there is at least one source still alive? So although it appears as duplicates, Kodi treats it as one library item with two different sources? This could explain why the old source isn't removed since Kodi 'sees' that one of the two works thus the library item remains as it is still valid.
It should treat them differently as separate sources. Unless you combined them via a multipath combination inside one video source...
(2017-12-17, 18:07)Klojum Wrote: It should treat them differently as separate sources. Unless you combined them via a multipath combination inside one video source...
Can you elaborate the multipath combination, what do you mean?
Simple. You can enter more than one path for a single video source, versus using more than one video source each with a single path.
(2017-12-18, 21:36)Klojum Wrote: Simple. You can enter more than one path for a single video source, versus using more than one video source each with a single path.
Ah, in that case. No I do not have this. All my sources are individual, so one to the folder Ended and another to the folder Running.

....seems we are stuck I suppose?
Hmmm it's becoming interesting, I've completely deleted a show, performed clean library and the show remains in my library. So it seems the entire clean library function isn't working with me.

Could it be that the Trakt synchronization is messing with it?
I have no Trakt experience, so to me anything is possible Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
duplicate entries - cleanup doesn't remove them0