v17 Recently added movies
Expected behaviour:
I put a new movie on my NAS, Kodi scans it and adds it to the Recently added movies playlist.

Actual behaviour:
If the file appears in the playlist is solely based on the Modify timestamp. Either change it to the newest one (the Access timestamp is usually more reliable) or make the entries based on the time Kodi actually discovers the new file.
Not sure if you're asking for this, but check the wiki's advancedsettings.xml page, specifically the <dateadded> tag under <videolibrary>. If you set it to 0, it will use the current date & time at the moment of adding it to the library.
Forgot to add: If you set the dateadded tag to 0 and in the future do a refresh/re-scrape of a movie, it will then use the time of the refresh/re-scrape. Which could be either a good thing or annoying to no end, depending on what you want.
Thanks for the tip, now it's perfect!
Still can't figure out why this isn't the default behaviour (:
Why?? Why do you think your preference has to be the default behaviourHuhHuh??
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
That's not at all what I was saying! I meant that for me the current default behaviour makes no sense, so please enlighten me   Blush
There is nothing to enlighten. It is set one way, you have an option to change it. Done.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
ok
Can you somehow tamper with the modify timestamp?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Recently added movies0