v17 Kodi 17.6 - Apple TV 4K - Playlist Transfer - Refused SSH Connection within Xcode
Hi,

I have Kodi 17.6 for tvOS (one of the latest builds) installed on my Apple TV 4K via Xcode. The device is not jailbroken. I'll just say that I was able to get the device to allow Kodi on without the 7-day reinstall issue, and I love it.

I'm trying to transfer some path-corrected music (m3u) playlists over, and I noticed that there are two SSH buttons [see screenshot] on my Apple TV's info page under "Devices & Simulators" in Xcode.

My goal is to drop the playlists into a folder, hopefully something similar to
Code:
/private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/Kodi/userdata/playlists

The problem is, despite being absolutely sure that Xcode is connected to the Apple TV (grabbing logs, screenshots), these buttons don't work:

(And yes, I've tried simply typing "ssh [email protected]," the Apple TV's IP.)

Does anyone know anything about this scenario? (Note: If the answer was just "it must be jailbroken" there would not be buttons within Xcode to SSH to the device.)
Also interested in this.
Maintainer of Enigma2 PVR addon: repo, docschangelog
How to create a full debug: here
(2017-12-16, 21:25)phunkyfish Wrote: Also interested in this.

There’s a particular guy who does the Apple TV builds if I remember correctly. I don’t know that this subsection of the forum gets quite as many views as others - so it may be helpful to tag him in a post...but I can’t remember his name.

Or we can just wait. :-)
Maybe you would be better in the Mac OS X forum? Do you want me to move it there...
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-12-17, 04:10)Karellen Wrote: Maybe you would be better in the Mac OS X forum? Do you want me to move it there...

That works. Thank you. I posted here originally because there isn’t a specific section for tvOS, but I suppose that’ll get it in the same family. :-)
Moved to Mac OS X
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
@Memphiz

Loving the tvOS builds! Sorry to bother you, but you *may* have a simple answer for this question. When you get a second, if you could take a look at this, we would really appreciate it.

-Alex
Never seen those buttons. It indeed would make sense that those are only visible on jailbroken devices. What i see on the terminal screenshot is the port 1022 - try port 22 instead just for fun.

If that device is not jailbroken and you don‘t need to resign kodi every 7 days - then what is it?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2017-12-18, 08:48)Memphiz Wrote: Never seen those buttons. It indeed would make sense that those are only visible on jailbroken devices. What i see on the terminal screenshot is the port 1022 - try port 22 instead just for fun.

If that device is not jailbroken and you don‘t need to resign kodi every 7 days - then what is it?
 Would Apple be likely to include Xcode UI tools (the buttons) to make things easier on a jailbroken device? 

OK, I will try Port 22 when I get home from work today. Since clicking the Xcode buttons will not allow port selection, I will try directly from a Terminal prompt.

The buttons use port 1022 as the default for any SSH connection - this is reflected on a port usage chart that I saw somewhere on Apple's developer website, which is why that is the default, but I'm willing to try anything.

The device is registered on another developer's account.
(2017-12-18, 08:48)Memphiz Wrote: Never seen those buttons. It indeed would make sense that those are only visible on jailbroken devices. What i see on the terminal screenshot is the port 1022 - try port 22 instead just for fun.

Maybe that capability to drop files into a particular app within the iTunes interface - could that be a possibility for a straightforward way of allowing that functionality? (I realize there are probably many other folders people may wish to access for various reasons though, which could complicate that.) Just a thought.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 17.6 - Apple TV 4K - Playlist Transfer - Refused SSH Connection within Xcode0