How to Inhibit Idle Shutdown permanently
I know this can be set through the skin but it defaults to FALSE on boot (at least on my pi3). Where do I put the 'InhibitIdleShutdown(true)' command where it will execute on kodi startup? Just a hint to get started?

Wanna
just disable auto/idle shutdown in settings?
(2017-12-15, 16:19)wsnipex Wrote: just disable auto/idle shutdown in settings?
 Thank you. Yes, but on reboot it will be enabled again (is this only true for me?). I'm looking for the "real" fix.
How are you exiting Kodi? Most settings are written on exit, but if you just pull the plug or kill kodi from the commandline, the settings won't be saved.

One sure fire way to get them saved seems to be to change skins, then change back again.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2017-12-16, 08:21)nickr Wrote: How are you exiting Kodi? Most settings are written on exit, but if you just pull the plug or kill kodi from the commandline, the settings won't be saved.

One sure fire way to get them saved seems to be to change skins, then change back again.
I'm not exiting kodi, it's exiting me - hence my question. In my experience changing skins resets some skin features to the default (e.g. watch status) but I tried your suggestion anyway. No luck, when I inhibit shutdown, change skins then shutdown and restart idle shutdown is NOT inhibited. I think what I'm looking for is a file to insert code that will execute on boot like a init or rc file in linux. Anyone know if such a file exists? The kodi binary seems pretty monolithic with few support files.
Kodi does not exit or shutdown by itself when on idle, only if you set it to do so. Are you sure that you did not changed that option in Settings -> System Settings -> Power Saving -> Shutdown function timer ?
If it is set via the gui it should be in guisettings.xml in userdata (wiki)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2017-12-16, 23:41)rascas Wrote: Kodi does not exit or shutdown by itself when on idle, only if you set it to do so. Are you sure that you did not changed that option in Settings -> System Settings -> Power Saving -> Shutdown function timer ?
In my experience this is not true. As stated earlier, InhibitIdleShutdown is always FALSE on reboot. I must use the setting you mention each time I boot to prevent auto-shutdown. I seek a remedy because having to adjust settings on each boot is a drag, especially when the setting is causing the reboot. Sort of catch 22.
(2017-12-16, 23:46)nickr Wrote: If it is set via the gui it should be in guisettings.xml in userdata (wiki)
True yes. I have 'grep'd the entire /home/osmc tree looking for mention of idle shutdown in any form. It's contained only in skins and then only as a setting button associated with user interaction. So, you are correct, it's there but only set in response to user input. Besides, that solution would require modifying each skin's config. I'm looking to modify kodi's default behavior, before add-ons/skins.

I have yet to find a file where inhibit is actually executed other than the /usr/lib/kodi binary. Isn't there a file(s) that kodi reads on startup to modify it's behavior? 

Sorry to sound negative. I really appreciate all the assistance.
once again, are you sure this option is off?
https://imgur.com/a/SZpvI
(2017-12-17, 09:58)wsnipex Wrote: once again, are you sure this option is off?
https://imgur.com/a/SZpvI
 Oops. I could have sworn... (famous last words)

Thank you for being so patient.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to Inhibit Idle Shutdown permanently0