How I change the Icon Order on Homescreen
Press Duck,

Interesting idea, thanks for the heads up on the editor it may prove usefull to me in the future.

While your suggestion will work there are a couple of gotchas that you and others need to be aware of if you make use of the nowto.

Main gotcha is that the navigation on the first line of icons is different to the following lines. That is if you are on the first line of icons you can potentially move up to the shelf area to scroll thru the items in the shelf (who knew!). Move any of those items away from the first row and you will no longer be able to do this.

Second, by modifying my code you are now in the area of a mod and as such you are on your own as far as support from me goes. I currently have little time to keep up my own code, let alone someone elses code. I am always making changes to the code to improve things and as such you will be chasing a moving target.

And third, every time I release a new version of the skin, any changes you make will be overwritten.

The code in this particular area of the skin is pretty stable and is unlikely to change, but if I come up with an improvement that seems worthwhile, all bets are off.

Press Duck also just a heads up on your screenshot of your modified screen. You are aware that you can replace ALL of the icons in the main icon area with custom icons of your own. As long as you use the same aspect ratio for the icons as I have, your icons will match the look and feel as the rest of the icons. In the home screen settings menu in the skins settings menu you can select an icon and change the visiblity, icon, and action (in most cases). This same menu will also allow you to change the actual home menu type, although if you have found the icon menu type I guess you already know that.

Wyrm (AppTV)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV

Messages In This Thread
RE: How I change the Icon Order on Homescreen - by wyrm - 2017-12-18, 08:12
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How I change the Icon Order on Homescreen1