v18 Remote Control Issue
I am using a gyration remote and have not had any problems with it until I upgraded my system to Kodi 18 and I am not sure if this is a bug.
I can navigate as usual using my remote but when I press the back key on the home page I cannot see the highlighted selection I have to use to mouse to get it back.
Any ideas what is going on here? I have uploaded my log but I am not sure how much use it will be:
https://paste.ubuntu.com/26205953
Cheers
The forum moderators have determined that banned addons (wiki) are present on your system. To receive assistance here, these banned items must be removed. If a clean log is not submitted within 3 days, then the relevant post(s) will be removed after this time.
(2017-12-18, 03:44)Klojum Wrote: The forum moderators have determined that banned addons (wiki) are present on your system. To receive assistance here, these banned items must be removed. If a clean log is not submitted within 3 days, then the relevant post(s) will be removed after this time.
 Sorry about that, I have now deleted all the illegal add-ons and the illegal repositories. 
Here is the updated log file.
https://paste.ubuntu.com/26208674/
To understand your issue better; you press the backspace on the 'keyboard' or on your wireless air mouse and get no resposne? Can your try the arrow keys on your keyboard, and ensure functionality. If the interface is navigable, then it's it's likely you need to refrence the keymap (wiki) and use the Add-on:Keymap Editor (wiki)
(2017-12-18, 18:56)PatK Wrote: To understand your issue better; you press the backspace on the 'keyboard' or on your wireless air mouse and get no resposne? Can your try the arrow keys on your keyboard, and ensure functionality. If the interface is navigable, then it's it's likely you need to refrence the keymap (wiki) and use the Add-on:Keymap Editor (wiki)
 Hi, its when I press back button on the remote, I get the issue. 
If I use the backspace button on the keyboard on the Kodi home menu the problem is not present and Kodi works as it should.
I have tried mapping the back key on the remote to the Back function in Key Map Editor but the problem persists, with or without the Key Map editor when the back button on the remote is pressed on the Kodi home menu the highlighted menu option disappears and nothing on the home page menu is selected the mouse is required to re-highlight an option , apart from on the Kodi home page the back button on the remote works perfectly.
I have made some screenshot to explain myself, as my explanation does not seem very clear.
https://ibb.co/e1BVFR
https://ibb.co/ewQwpm

Cheers
From the first image 'not selected', it appears the windows title bar is showing and Kodi is no longer in focus and might explain your issue. (as if you hit the windows key) Try remapping this fucntion for the 'esc' key or arrow keys.
(2017-12-19, 02:29)PatK Wrote: From the first image 'not selected', it appears the windows title bar is showing and Kodi is no longer in focus and might explain your issue. (as if you hit the windows key) Try remapping this fucntion for the 'esc' key or arrow keys.
Thanks, I shall try your suggestion when I get back to my Kodi pc. The main reason I highlighted this problem apart from the obvious frustration that it causes, is that it is not present on Kodi 17 and no mapping is required. I was wondering what had changed.
Unfortunately using the Keymap Editor did not resolve the bug.
I have though managed to find a dirty workaround to this, it involves using Eventghost and assigning either the escape or back keyboard key to an unused button on the remote and using that as the back button, far from ideal but it does work.
Hopefully, the real cause of this can be resolved in future releases of Kodi 18 as the issue was not present in Kodi 17.
Cheers
(2017-12-20, 01:28)madmarkym Wrote: Unfortunately using the Keymap Editor did not resolve the bug.
I have though managed to find a dirty workaround to this, it involves using Eventghost and assigning either the escape or back keyboard key to an unused button on the remote and using that as the back button, far from ideal but it does work.
Hopefully, the real cause of this can be resolved in future releases of Kodi 18 as the issue was not present in Kodi 17.
Cheers
Yes, I want to also chime in and report the same issue as well. I have been running Kodi 17 with no issues on Windows 7 64bit. I backed up my Kodi Install, uninstalled kodi 17, leaving the Kodi configuration in the users roaming app data folder. I Installed the Dec 25th build of 64 Bit Kodi 18 nightly, and immediately ran into the same issue. Using the back on the MCE Remote that has worked flawlessly right out of the box in all previous builds, now loses itself in the window focus. I am not seeing the taskbar like in your first pic, so I know I have not lost "on top" or "focus" of kodi, and it is not in windowed mode either. The clicks are still heard as it seems to be navigating in the background, but not making menu changes on screen. Also, it seems like it only loses its focus when trying to return to the main screen (Home Page). When I am navigating deep into menus, it seems like the back key does work most of the time, but it fails and "hides" every time I hit back to get to the Main Page. Can you share what your dirty workaround config? Wouldn't mapping esc to an unused MCE key have the same effect as your workaround? I don't really want to go back to 17, I love living on the cutting edge, and sp far this is the only thing that is causing me issues! I really hate having to go downstairs and reboot the machine 10 times a day now to get my controls back!  LOL!  Smile
(2017-12-27, 11:51)Stealth111 Wrote:
(2017-12-20, 01:28)madmarkym Wrote: Unfortunately using the Keymap Editor did not resolve the bug.
Cheers
Yes, I want to also chime in and report the same issue as well. I have been running Kodi 17 with no issues on Windows 7 64bit. I backed up my Kodi Install, uninstalled kodi 17, leaving the Kodi configuration in the users roaming app data folder. I Installed the Dec 25th build of 64 Bit Kodi 18 nightly, and immediately ran into the same issue. Using the back on the MCE Remote that has worked flawlessly right out of the box in all previous builds, now loses itself in the window focus. I am not seeing the taskbar like in your first pic, so I know I have not lost "on top" or "focus" of kodi, and it is not in windowed mode either. The clicks are still heard as it seems to be navigating in the background, but not making menu changes on screen. Can you share what your dirty workaround config? Wouldn't mapping esc to an unused MCE key have the same effect as your workaround? I don't really want to go back to 17, I love living on the cutting edge, and sp far this is the only thing that is causing me issues! I really hate having to go downstairs and reboot the machine 10 times a day now to get my controls back!  LOL!  Smile 
 I have mentioned this issue before. Everything was working fine with the nightlies until a few weeks ago. I installed a new nightly (not sure which one) and since then, when I navigate back it seems like Kodi has lost focus and is not responding to my remote anymore. This has been the issue with every new nightly since then.
(2017-12-27, 11:59)Amelsfort Wrote:
(2017-12-27, 11:51)Stealth111 Wrote:
Cheers
Yes, I want to also chime in and report the same issue as well. I have been running Kodi 17 with no issues on Windows 7 64bit. I backed up my Kodi Install, uninstalled kodi 17, leaving the Kodi configuration in the users roaming app data folder. I Installed the Dec 25th build of 64 Bit Kodi 18 nightly, and immediately ran into the same issue. Using the back on the MCE Remote that has worked flawlessly right out of the box in all previous builds, now loses itself in the window focus. I am not seeing the taskbar like in your first pic, so I know I have not lost "on top" or "focus" of kodi, and it is not in windowed mode either. The clicks are still heard as it seems to be navigating in the background, but not making menu changes on screen. Can you share what your dirty workaround config? Wouldn't mapping esc to an unused MCE key have the same effect as your workaround? I don't really want to go back to 17, I love living on the cutting edge, and sp far this is the only thing that is causing me issues! I really hate having to go downstairs and reboot the machine 10 times a day now to get my controls back!  LOL!  Smile   
 I have mentioned this issue before. Everything was working fine with the nightlies until a few weeks ago. I installed a new nightly (not sure which one) and since then, when I navigate back it seems like Kodi has lost focus and is not responding to my remote anymore. This has been the issue with every new nightly since then.  
I have come across quite a few others with the same issue with the remote losing focus, it seems like it is also other remotes doing the same. Luckily on one post, they posted the last "working" nightly as you had mentioned.. It was "KodiSetup-20171115-28db1a8-master-x64.exe". I am off to go grab that version for now, unless I can put in a "dirty" fix easily! I found that if I use the "clear" key on the bottom of the MCE Remote, it allows the back to work as normal most of the time, but will not bring it back when it loses "focus". Still might go backwards or go "dirty"  Smile
Edit: I also noticed that my volume up and down no longer works, but "also" causes the Main Page to lose focus from the remote. A new addition is that some of the buttons now cause a very large mouse cursor to appear in the middle of the screen for about 5 seconds and then it goes away!  LOL. I know, it is in alpha..... Just putting the info out there for anyone else that might be having the issue....
I tried the latest alpha build tonight KodiSetup-20171226-8a1d57aa-master-x64.exe, but the error still remains.
Hi,

I can confirm this issue still exists in the last nightly.
As described above "KodiSetup-20171115-28db1a8-master-x64.exe" is the last working setup.
I hope someone will find the reason for this issue.

Thx
Verdeler
i have the same problem it seems to only effect the default skin  (Estuary), other skins work fine.
(2017-12-30, 00:46)JustinBeaird Wrote: i have the same problem it seems to only effect the default skin  (Estuary), other skins work fine.
Seems there are a few threads that are for the same issue. Maybe we pick one and all focus on that one, or maybe a mod can merge the few different threads for this topic into one?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remote Control Issue0