v17 Landscape Grid View for Private Videos
Photo 
Hello Kodi Community,

Is it possible to display private videos with landscape oriented posters?
All my videos do have posters that are actually screenshots (single frames) of the actual file (mostly 16:9 format).
Portrait format for posters does only complement actual movies.

This is an example of what I´m trying to achieve: Chorus 2 web interface with landscape grid view

What can I do to achieve this (regarding Scrapers, file structures, image formats, imports and add-ons)?
(I already created a similar thread but wanted to specify my questions a bit more).

Thank you in advance!
Welcome to the world of skinning for Kodi!

In general, when a video is scanned into the library (via local nfo file in this example) Kodi will do a video frame grab (not sure off-hand how far into the video Kodi goes to get it).  This frame (assume it is 16:9 aspect) will be stored as the "thumbnail" image for the video.  This can be overridden in the nfo file by specifying the <thumb>.

What gets displayed is up to the skin.  What you need is something like a "panel" of thumbs.  Offhand I don't know of a skin that provides that for videos, but for example the Aeon MQ series provides a "landscapex" view for TV show episodes that would work for your use case I think with a couple tweaks of the skin files.

scott s.
maintainer of skin  Aeon MQ5 mods for post-Gotham Kodi releases:
Matrix see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Matrix release thread
Nexus see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Nexus release thread
Aeon MQ 5 skin and addon repo 11.1.0
(2017-12-25, 07:03)scott967 Wrote: Welcome to the world of skinning for Kodi!

In general, when a video is scanned into the library (via local nfo file in this example) Kodi will do a video frame grab (not sure off-hand how far into the video Kodi goes to get it).  This frame (assume it is 16:9 aspect) will be stored as the "thumbnail" image for the video.  This can be overridden in the nfo file by specifying the <thumb>.

What gets displayed is up to the skin.  What you need is something like a "panel" of thumbs.  Offhand I don't know of a skin that provides that for videos, but for example the Aeon MQ series provides a "landscapex" view for TV show episodes that would work for your use case I think with a couple tweaks of the skin files.

scott s.
thanks for your reply. Smile
is there a way to edit the chorus2 web interface too?
any beginner guides available for skinning?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Landscape Grid View for Private Videos0