KODI Crashes/Locks UP Upon Startup
I had this problem a while back and was never able to resolve it. I was told it was probably the Video Card. I have just recently replaced that card with an Nvidia GTX 1050 TI.
However that has not corrected the problem as it still locks up and or crashes. One variation, it used to lockup upon exiting whereas now it locks at the splash screen.

I was advised previously (old card) to test with Kodi/LibreELEC booting from a usb drive which as I recall did work (?) most of the time. I tried this method again now, and again it did work. I was able to run and close down KODI albeit barebones.

I was also advised - don't recall why - to install Kodi on my desktop but run as a portable ( -p ) which I did again this time.

Here is - if I set it up correctly - the Log File:

Kodi Log File

I have a Dell Desktop my specs are:

Kodi v17.6 "Krypton"

Operating System    Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1

CPU    Intel Core i7 2600 @ 3.40GHz    35 °C
    Sandy Bridge 32nm Technology

RAM    8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz (9-9-9-24)

Motherboard    Dell Inc. 0Y2MRG (CPU 1)    25 °C

Graphics    LEN LI2323swA (1920x1080@60Hz)
 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 Graphics Card

Storage    1397GB Seagate ST31500341AS (SATA)    29 °C

Thank you, PI4
Couldn't see any errors in the log that would indicate any failures of the magnitude of stopping the show. The older set-up you had with the old graphic card and the exit issue, is behind us and quite different from what we have to-day. The suggestion for a portable mode is a good one which means we can version isolate; some of the issues I made note from your log are SetFullScreenEx (windowed fullscreen) on screen 0 with size 1920x1080, refresh 60.000000 and Selected \\.\DISPLAY1 output. Which suggests some graphic multiple chipset conflict, are you using Kodi on a monitor and TV at the same time?

Suggestion: Load up Leia 64bit and yes, in another -portable mode in a different folder. and keep those complete debug logs coming.
(2017-12-23, 00:23)PatK Wrote: Couldn't see any errors in the log that would indicate any failures of the magnitude of stopping the show. The older set-up you had with the old graphic card and the exit issue, is behind us and quite different from what we have to-day. The suggestion for a portable mode is a good one which means we can version isolate; some of the issues I made note from your log are SetFullScreenEx (windowed fullscreen) on screen 0 with size 1920x1080, refresh 60.000000 and Selected \\.\DISPLAY1 output. Which suggests some graphic multiple chipset conflict, are you using Kodi on a monitor and TV at the same time?

Suggestion: Load up Leia 64bit and yes, in another -portable mode in a different folder. and keep those complete debug logs coming.

Hi Pat and happy holidays.

OK, I set up a -p version of Leia 64bit with debug turned on - hopefully correctly - and it also locked up but this time it locked upon exit. So it seems the Kodi v17.6 "Krypton" version locked up/froze at the splash screen (12/20/2017 above) and the Kodi v18 "Leia" nightly locked up/froze upon attempting to exit.

anyway here is the Kodi Debug Log, let's hope it shows the reason why.

Thank you

KODI LOG  
Let's stick to the Leia version for now, looking over your posted log, CNetwork::NetworkMessage - Waiting for network services to stop might explain the exit issue. Although this line got me slightly perplexed "14:33:24.303 T:8124  NOTICE: ADDON: visualization.shadertoy v1.1.8 installed" as Shadertoy has had issue with Leia and a lot of graphic cards, and isn't listed as a possible 'get more' in Leia screen blankers, and I'm wondering where it came from? I'm looking for a 'fresh start' Kodi in default mode, that issues can be indentified easily.

Merry Christmas and Season's Greetings.
(2017-12-25, 02:46)PatK Wrote: Let's stick to the Leia version for now, looking over your posted log, CNetwork::NetworkMessage - Waiting for network services to stop might explain the exit issue. Although this line got me slightly perplexed "14:33:24.303 T:8124  NOTICE: ADDON: visualization.shadertoy v1.1.8 installed" as Shadertoy has had issue with Leia and a lot of graphic cards, and isn't listed as a possible 'get more' in Leia screen blankers, and I'm wondering where it came from? I'm looking for a 'fresh start' Kodi in default mode, that issues can be indentified easily.

Merry Christmas and Season's Greetings.

Hi Pat, Merry Christmas.

I'm not clear on what you said in your post, could you please elaborate further ?  As far as 'Shadertoy' and where it came from. I searched my drive and it seems to be part of the Leia install, as I found it in the addons folder. Actually there seems to be many different instances of it on my drive now. Should this not be there ?  Also what is meant by 'get more' ?

As for a 'fresh start in default mode', all I did was install Leia, run it and post the debug log. If that is what you were referring to ? Would it help if I deleted the Leia folder and did a new install ?

Thank you...
'Shadertoy'  is not part of my Leia install (Issues have arisen, showing it's has been the culrpit with some graphic cards) and in the settings in which you would select a screen blanker, the menu pops up with choices, shadertoy is no longer listed in the menu for me 'get more' is an option here. I find no refernce to it in my logs, even though I have been a fan of this blanker in the past and hopefully we'll get an update one of these days for that. " Would it help if I deleted the Leia folder and did a new install ? " perhaps if the portable install was modified.

If you have choice for multiple graphic drivers, ensure only one is available in the bios.
Quote:'Shadertoy'  is not part of my Leia install

Perhaps it is not part of your install, but Shadertoy is clearly part of the current Leia installs as the image below indicates. Unless I am doing something wrong in obtaining it ? I am downloading from the 'nightlies',  found at    http://mirrors.kodi.tv/nightlies/windows/win64/master/     Is this not where I should be downloading from ?

The image is from the KodiSetup-20171227-d799240c-master-x64.exe    build of 12/28/17

Given that, I will do a complete uninstall and then reinstall Leia without Shadertoy (untick the box for Shadertoy in the Kodi install app) and see if that corrects the crashing issue.  Is there anything else in the Leia builds I should avoid ? 

Quote:perhaps if the portable install was modified.

Not by myself at least, though I can't speak to who is uploading them. As I said I simply installed it as a portable, ran it as is and then attempted to shut it down. Where it locked up.

Quote:If you have choice for multiple graphic drivers, ensure only one is available in the bios.

Could you please elaborate further on this as I'm not familiar with bios/drivers.  I believe I should have only the one driver as I downloaded and installed it from Nvidia. Did you find something in the Kodi Log that shows a driver conflict ?  And where on my computer would this be found ?

Thank you...
It seems that having just updated to Win10 and or eliminating Shadertoy has corrected the problem.

I recently updated to Win10, did a clean install of Kodi and unticked the Shadertoy so as to not allow Kodi to install it and so far after a few test runs Kodi has closed down without crashing. I'll have to test further, but I think the problem has been corrected.

Thank you for your help Pat !

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KODI Crashes/Locks UP Upon Startup0