What's wrong with Kodi?
Can you provide detailed info on the files you are trying to play using this software... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid1707519

Upload to pastebin. I am wondering if it is a problematic rip. I know you can watch on the laptop, but not on the other two pc's, but doesn't hurt to check the media info. Also, your GPU is quite old, but would not think it would have trouble playing DVD's. As you say, it is only these two movies that won't play, so I can only assume that all your other DVD rips play ok. This points to problem with the rips themselves.

If nothing shows in those reports, then one of the developers will need to cast an eye over it.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
what kind of detailed info? the only thing i can give you is what i already provided in the log and a screen shot of the files for the movie. the movies used to work so i don't know why now it don't want to work. its not a rip. i used dvd shrink to reduce it's size. it is like a dvd just not on a dvd.
(2017-12-22, 00:08)jjsmith94 Wrote: what kind of detailed info?
Click the link I gave you. It will explain.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
https://pastebin.com/BXFft78L
https://pastebin.com/VXRH1VBi

sorry i did the wrong movie.
i guess i got forgotten
Oh sorry, we should forget our families and friends and concentrate on you instead of Xmas.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I re-shrunk the movies using dvd shrink again and kodi still will not play those movies.  They will play when I use kodi on my laptop but not on any of the desktops that are hooked to the tvs. They all have the same operating system. Kodi was installed on all them on the same day. What now?
Three words

mediainfo

Debug log.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2018-02-16, 08:06)nickr Wrote: Three words
mediainfo
Debug log.
In his earlier posts he did post a mediainfo log and a Kodi log file, or am I seeing things incorrectly?
Since I don't have any experience with playing DVD folders (I convert everything to ISO or MKV) I have no suggestion as to the cause if his problems but maybe someone does?
I think all righthtinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired.
Yes, they have been provided.

Mediainfo is in post 20
Debug Log is in post 14.

This is part of the error at line 2030...

cpp:
15:52:19.562 T:900 INFO: msg: libdvdcss error:
15:52:19.562 T:900 INFO: msg: failed to open device J:\movies\Star Wars The Force Awakens (No error)
15:52:19.562 T:900 DEBUG: msg:
15:52:19.562 T:900 INFO: msg: libdvdread: Could not open J:\movies\Star Wars The Force Awakens with libdvdcss.
15:52:19.562 T:900 INFO: msg: libdvdread: Can't open J:\movies\Star Wars The Force Awakens for reading
15:52:19.562 T:900 INFO: msg: libdvdread: Device J:\movies\Star Wars The Force Awakens inaccessible, CSS authentication not available.

Maybe @Tinwarble or @Koying knows?
My Signature
Yes but he also said he had re-ripped the movies. 

why not just use makemkv?
if i just rip it i won't get the alien subtitles. that's why i just shrunk the dvd keeping it in the same format just shrinking it. the other 6 star wars movie work great in the same format. it is just rogue one and the force awakens that won't play.
What do you mean you "shrunk" the dvd. How are you ripping? Which software? What settings?
My Signature
also, why would i re-log when i got the exact same result. i just don't understand why they will play on my laptop but not on any of the desktops that are hooked to the tvs. they all have the same operating system and they all downloaded kodi at the same time. i don't want to have to hook my laptop to the tv to watch those two when each computer has it's own computer. and btw i'm a she not a he. just saying.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What's wrong with Kodi?0