AMD Ryzen Raven Ridge
Yes I've encounter the video freezing as well.    I can't pin it down to anything specific.

It's not all the time.   Might freeze once or twice in a single movie or not all.    Just stopping and restarting the video gets it working again.
Glad it is not just me.  Was making me nuts for a while.  I guess I need to trying playing videos in another player as well to narrow it down to being a Kodi issue or a hardware issue of some kind.
Just order a 2400, will have to wait till b450 chipset is out. Hope the support in linux is gonna be better at this time, im gonna use archlinux to get last kernel and easy emulators (multichannel lpcm, x264/x265 decode, 10 bits decode, deinterlacing).
Im crossing my fingers !
@pkerling, could you tell us what should work (h265 deinterlacing refresh rate...) with next release and on which platform (x11 wayland...) ?
I saw your work on github, big thanks !

And yes i know, we shouldnt buy hardware without proper driver Wink
(2018-05-01, 09:52)bibi Wrote: @pkerling, could you tell us what should work (h265 deinterlacing refresh rate...) with next release and on which platform (x11 wayland...) ?
I saw your work on github, big thanks !

And yes i know, we shouldnt buy hardware without proper driver Wink
 HEVC-10 bit
Deinterlacing (Bob, Temporal)
Refreshrate Switching

On X11, Wayland, GBM - with Mesa 18.0.1 (will come with an SRU to Ubuntu 18.04) and libva 2.1 (already included)

All code is already included in kodi's git - build with appropriate userspace (Mesa 18.0.1 missing for Ubuntu) and you can enjoy. I'd suggest kernel 4.16.6 while you are at it - and don't use the proprietary AMD drivers.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Champagne and thank you all !
Next release seems to be exceptionnal.
(2018-04-28, 21:22)gwilly7 Wrote: Glad it is not just me.  Was making me nuts for a while.  I guess I need to trying playing videos in another player as well to narrow it down to being a Kodi issue or a hardware issue of some kind.
 Narrowed this down to just freezing during playback of H.265 files.  In Linux I have tested same files in SMPlayer and they are ok and in Windows I have tested in PotPlayer and they are ok there as well.

I am using latest Leia Nightly in both Kubuntu 18.04 and Windows 10
Debug log Wink
(2018-05-06, 21:30)bibi Wrote: Debug log Wink
I had started a thread in the Linux support forum a few days ago and did not get a response. Today I updated to the latest nightly to get a fresh log and was able to successfully play both 8 and 10 bit hevc without issue. Tomorrow I will try again with windows as well and see if I am successful there as well.
AMD made new drivers available for the 2200G and 2400G yesterday and so far they seem to have solved the problem of the video freezing when playing HEVC H.265 files in Windows.  (This is with limited testing so far, but so far so good.)
(2018-05-06, 19:29)gwilly7 Wrote:
(2018-04-28, 21:22)gwilly7 Wrote: Glad it is not just me.  Was making me nuts for a while.  I guess I need to trying playing videos in another player as well to narrow it down to being a Kodi issue or a hardware issue of some kind.
 Narrowed this down to just freezing during playback of H.265 files.  In Linux I have tested same files in SMPlayer and they are ok and in Windows I have tested in PotPlayer and they are ok there as well.

I am using latest Leia Nightly in both Kubuntu 18.04 and Windows 10 
As mentioned above. 18.04 ships too old Mesa. In order to use VAAPI with kodi you need to update Mesa to at least 18.0.1. See the bug I opened: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+sourc...ug/1760566 before 18.04 release.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I made the jump to a Ryzen box about a week ago. Using mainline kernels 14.7rc4 and up together with latest Mesa from i.e. oibaf Kodi/Ubuntu 18.04 runs reasonably fine. Though the system still hangs a few times when you have to boot it due to amdgpu issues with the kernel. But once up it runs ok for days. So, there is progress but it is still quite some way to go.
AMD Ryzen 5 2700 | Asus ROG Strix B350 ITX | Geforce RTX 2060 
Ubuntu 22.04 LTS | Kernel 6.1 | Nvidia blob drivers | Kodi v20
How is performance with windows 10 (and what version) what works and what doesn't?

Thanks.
(2018-05-24, 09:38)Juppstein Wrote: So, there is progress but it is still quite some way to go.
There will be a new attempt here: https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread/12540-...ryzen-apu/
No full details as of yet. Smile
I ordered my motherboard (asrock mini itx) and hope to receive it tomorrow.
Will report back later so you can know if it works well on archlinux with last kernel and mesa.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AMD Ryzen Raven Ridge0