Cannot play videos from shared library on Android
Hello,
I have a shared mysql database for all of my Kodi clients. Works fine on all computers. On Android devices, however, it will load my library, display all titles and artwork, etc, but when I go to actually play a video, it responds by telling me that the video is not available and do I want to remove it from my library.

Some setup details:
All devices on Kodi 17.6
All computer clients, mysql server vm, and file server containing media files on all within a domain
Android devices on network but not on domain

My guess as to what is happening, is that the Android device successfully connects to the mysql server (I have the advancedsettings.xml in place on the android devices) and loads the library metadata from there. But when Kodi goes to play the files, it cannot properly authenticate to the host (which is on the domain) that holds the media files themselves. It then assumes that the file is no longer available and responds by asking me if I want to remove it from the library.
Would anyone be able to advise as to whether my assumption here seems valid? And if so, how can I configure Kodi on Android to pass the needed credentials to access the media files?

Many thanks.
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file.

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Always use a paste site like pastebin.com. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Log file here: https://paste.ubuntu.com/26347642/

Launched Kodi, went to Movies, attempted to play 2 different movies, closed Kodi.

Thanks for any help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cannot play videos from shared library on Android0