Release Service.Subtitles.OpenSubtitles (Not Official)
Video 
Get subtitles for the languages you select, without unwanted languages.

This is an extension of the existing addon that displays one selected language at the top.

Normally we dont need all the subtitles languages on the the list. I will never ever download a swedish subtitle because I wouldnt understand a word.

With this addon you can select up to three languages to display, so we get only the languages you really want. Simple and quick

Github page: https://github.com/5-star/service.subtit...nsubtitles

Installation
- Download the 5star repo
https://github.com/5-star/repository.5st...-1.0.7.zip
Short Url: http://bit.ly/2BrTutg
- Open Kodi
- Go to `System -> Settings -> Add-ons
- Select Install from zip file` -> Select the downloaded zip file
- Then select -> Install from repository -> Service.Subtitles.OpenSubtitles
- Enjoy Smile
just wondering, doesn't this setting in kodi already take care of that?
settings > player > language > languages to download subtitles for
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2017-12-23, 18:08)ronie Wrote: just wondering, doesn't this setting in kodi already take care of that?
settings > player > language > languages to download subtitles for
 Hi, As far as I know that is for the automatic download of subtitles. From my experience if I enable automatic download most times i end up with an out of synch subtitle in english.
I prefer a portuguese subtitle, choosing an english one only when the portuguese does not exist. So I want to be able to choose the subtitle.

And the official opensubtitles addon is not affected by that setting. It always displays all the available languages. Sometimes the portuguese subtitles are on page 33 of 40.
Believe me, no one wants to scroll 30 pages... At least I dont Smile
Quote:As far as I know that is for the automatic download of subtitles.
No, it's not only for that.
Quote:And the official opensubtitles addon is not affected by that setting. It always displays all the available languages.
Also not true, can't reproduce, opensubtitles add-on (and every other subtitle add-on I've ever used) always respects that setting and only displays the languages that are selected on it.
From the Kodi help for the "languages to download subtitles for" option:
"Select the languages you want to get when searching for subtitles. For the time being there is no way of selecting order (or main language for that matter) so the search results will be shown in whatever order your service of choice (we’ll come to that) decides it fits."

I tried a few opensubtitles addons, and I couldnt get what i wanted. That's why I did this modification, and shared it, in case someone finds it usefull.

How it works:
If there is a subtitle already downloaded for my language it just play the movie
Otherwise it shows the list of subtitles from opensubtitles, only for the languages i selected (Portuguese and English in my case)

I pick and download one. The next time it will not prompt again because it's already downloaded.

If others addons do this, better. Choice is good.
can you please update opensubs
What do you mean? It seems that there was a problem with the opensubtitles addon, but mine is working without problems.
Is this addon broken again unfortunately?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Service.Subtitles.OpenSubtitles (Not Official)0