Leia won't open up past 111017 builds (MySQL related)
Anyone else using MySQL having similar issues where upgrading results in Kodi freezing at the splash screen? I've been trying to update since mid-November, however keep reverting back to my 111017 install. I finally took time to try to get to the bottom of it. Fresh installs work until I put in my advancedsetting.xml with mysql info. Then it does what I describe. 

Any advice? Happens on any machine in the house of course. 

Thanks!
MySQL connection problems are all mentioned in the debug log (wiki).
Provide one via pastebin.com .
(2017-12-24, 16:22)Klojum Wrote: MySQL connection problems are all mentioned in the debug log (wiki).
Provide one via pastebin.com .
Here's the tail-end.....anyone?

\resource.language.en_gb\strings.po
13:25:24.646 T:3324   DEBUG: SECTION:LoadDLL(special://xbmcbin/libcurl.dll)
13:25:24.651 T:13256  NOTICE: Running database version Addons27
13:25:24.651 T:13256   DEBUG: CDatabaseManager::Initialize, updating databases...
13:25:24.652 T:13256  NOTICE: Running database version ViewModes6
13:25:24.652 T:13256  NOTICE: Running database version Textures13
13:25:24.931 T:13256    INFO: MYSQL: Connected to version 5.5.57-MariaDB
13:25:25.049 T:13256  NOTICE: Running database version xbmc_music69
13:25:25.090 T:13256   ERROR: SQL: [xbmc_video109] The table does not exist
                                            Query: SELECT idVersion FROM version
13:25:25.090 T:13256   ERROR: CJobWorker:Tonguerocess error processing job
13:25:25.349 T:11708   DEBUG: CRemoteControl::Connect - connecting to: 127.0.0.1:24000 ...
13:25:26.350 T:11708   DEBUG: CRemoteControl::Connect - failed to connect
13:25:26.350 T:11708    INFO: CRemoteControl:Tonguerocess - failed to connect to irss, will keep retrying every 5 seconds
Yes, we always love tail-ends. Not. Do you solve puzzles with only a couple of pieces? Smile
We always prefer the whole log file. Very preferably via pastebin.com or similar text upload sites, and not plastered into our own forum.

Quote:13:25:24.931 T:13256 INFO: MYSQL: Connected to version 5.5.57-MariaDB
13:25:25.049 T:13256 NOTICE: Running database version xbmc_music69
13:25:25.090 T:13256 ERROR: SQL: [xbmc_video109] The table does not exist

It wouldn't be the first time that MariaDB goofs something up. I'm guessing something went wrong with upgrading from the old database.
(2017-12-26, 16:14)Klojum Wrote: Yes, we always love tail-ends. Not. Do you solve puzzles with only a couple of pieces? Smile
We always prefer the whole log file. Very preferably via pastebin.com or similar text upload sites, and not plastered into our own forum.
Quote:13:25:24.931 T:13256 INFO: MYSQL: Connected to version 5.5.57-MariaDB
13:25:25.049 T:13256 NOTICE: Running database version xbmc_music69
13:25:25.090 T:13256 ERROR: SQL: [xbmc_video109] The table does not exist

It wouldn't be the first time that MariaDB goofs something up. I'm guessing something went wrong with upgrading from the old database. 
OK, so that was my question. Was a new database version created or trying to be created between these builds in early november?
A new database is created when a new major version of Kodi is running. So if you had Krypton at first (Kodi 17), and are now using a (pre)alpha, beta or (in future) final build of Leia (Kodi 18), then your database will be upgraded into a new database. The old database will remain on your MySQL server. If for whatever reason your database was not upgraded successfully, delete the new database, enable debugging, re-run Kodi for another attempt of the database upgrade, and check your kodi.log file.

New database changes are also possible during the Alpha stage of a new Kodi version, but that's what you can expect using non-final software. Your choice.
(2017-12-26, 23:48)Klojum Wrote: A new database is created when a new major version of Kodi is running. So if you had Krypton at first (Kodi 17), and are now using a (pre)alpha, beta or (in future) final build of Leia (Kodi 18), then your database will be upgraded into a new database. The old database will remain on your MySQL server. If for whatever reason your database was not upgraded successfully, delete the new database, enable debugging, re-run Kodi for another attempt of the database upgrade, and check your kodi.log file.

New database changes are also possible during the Alpha stage of a new Kodi version, but that's what you can expect using non-final software. Your choice.
 The condescension is noted. None of this answers my question. I'm not sure what's going on here but I certainly did nothing to be met with this. I've been on these forums longer than you have been but somehow since I don't bother to post twenty times a day (because I have no need to and figure most things out on my own and through searches) I am somehow being treated as some sort of lazy-minded outsider? I explained that I have been running 18 and I have explained the scenerio where this only breaks if I go beyond by 111017 build. anything at 1110 or before keeps working should I install over top of what I have. Anything after does not. I'll refrain from asking questions, again, on your forum.
(2017-12-27, 14:03)debennett2 Wrote: I've been on these forums longer than you have been
There are people do the same factory job for 30+ years. It doesn't mean their experience is extensive.

(2017-12-27, 14:03)debennett2 Wrote: I am somehow being treated as some sort of lazy-minded outsider?
FYI, there is no way to tell someone's experience in computing just by the sheer number of posts, including the IMO not very informative topic start here. You also chose to ignore the request to post the FULL log onto a text upload paste website, and posted only some 12 log lines here on forum instead.

You are running a Kodi 18 build which is currently even in PRE-alpha status. Bugs of any kind can happen. If you're unwilling to share a full log to begin with so The Team can properly look into things, then so be it. Bugs do not magically solve themselves.
(2017-12-27, 15:26)Klojum Wrote:
(2017-12-27, 14:03)debennett2 Wrote: I've been on these forums longer than you have been
There are people do the same factory job for 30+ years. It doesn't mean their experience is extensive.
(2017-12-27, 14:03)debennett2 Wrote: I am somehow being treated as some sort of lazy-minded outsider?
FYI, there is no way to tell someone's experience in computing just by the sheer number of posts, including the IMO not very informative topic start here. You also chose to ignore the request to post the FULL log onto a text upload paste website, and posted only some 12 log lines here on forum instead.

You are running a Kodi 18 build which is currently even in PRE-alpha status. Bugs of any kind can happen. If you're unwilling to share a full log to begin with so The Team can properly look into things, then so be it. Bugs do not magically solve themselves. 
You are being unhelpful and a troll. I didn't whip it out and start comparing sizes, you ASSUME that everything must be a battle to make people feel dumb....not this guy. Your opinion shouldn't EVER be brought into this forum as a moderator. I didn't CHOOSE to IGNORE posting a full log. I just haven't gotten around to it yet. How difficult would it have been to say a) yes there were some database version changes in this timeframe or b) I don't knowHuh?

You aren't helpful and you aren't helping the cause by scaring away people.
You really should put things a bit more into perspective. "Unhelpful, a troll, whipping it out, comparing sizes, everything is a battle, make people feel dumb..." Your imagination must be working overtime by now.

(2017-12-27, 15:31)debennett2 Wrote: I didn't CHOOSE to IGNORE posting a full log. I just haven't gotten around to it yet.
There were some 28 hours between my request and you posting a log tail. How is that not enough time for posting a full log?

(2017-12-27, 15:31)debennett2 Wrote: you aren't helping the cause by scaring away people.
You mean something like this?

Come back if you have something more meaningful to add to the software problem with the Leia build.
(2017-12-27, 18:19)Klojum Wrote: You really should put things a bit more into perspective. "Unhelpful, a troll, whipping it out, comparing sizes, everything is a battle, make people feel dumb..." Your imagination must be working overtime by now.
(2017-12-27, 15:31)debennett2 Wrote: I didn't CHOOSE to IGNORE posting a full log. I just haven't gotten around to it yet.
There were some 28 hours between my request and you posting a log tail. How is that not enough time for posting a full log?
(2017-12-27, 15:31)debennett2 Wrote: you aren't helping the cause by scaring away people.
You mean something like this?

Come back if you have something more meaningful to add to the software problem with the Leia build. 
First off, I haven't posted the full log because I haven't had to time to do so from one of the affected computers AND because I asked a direct question you have absolutely refused to answer in order to belittle me. A direct answer to that question would at least steer me down a path. The log (and you know this) is inconsequential depending on your answer as well. Stop being a turd. You don't know me yet you introduced yourself with sarcasm and condescending tone. I simply was looking for help. If you aren't that guy, then be quiet.
I'm not running Leia at this time (had too many bad experiences on previous Kodi and XBMC Alphas), but one thing I have personally experienced, is that while the user I created to handle the Kodi MySQL Db access was able to perform all the necessary actions to administer an existing database, it would cause Kodi to crash during migrations to new database versions, due to insignificant 'global' privileges.

My MySQL knowledge is pretty basic, but what I do know is that any given MySQL user can have database specific privileges as well as global privileges that can be used on *any* database hosted by that MySQL server. In the end, for the sake of simplicity, and since my database server is secure and inaccessible from the outside web, I simply enabled all global privileges on the Kodi user account (in effect making it have the same access rights as my admin user account), and this cured the problem. Not recommended if your MySQL server is web-accessible, or rather serving as a back-end to some app that is, unless your Kodi user account has been restricted to localhost IP access only, and even then, using a strong password.

Hope this helps.
(2017-12-27, 18:46)gibxxi Wrote: I'm not running Leia at this time (had too many bad experiences on previous Kodi and XBMC Alphas), but one thing I have personally experienced, is that while the user I created to handle the Kodi MySQL Db access was able to perform all the necessary actions to administer an existing database, it would cause Kodi to crash during migrations to new database versions, due to insignificant 'global' privileges.

My MySQL knowledge is pretty basic, but what I do know is that any given MySQL user can have database specific privileges as well as global privileges that can be used on *any* database hosted by that MySQL server. In the end, for the sake of simplicity, and since my database server is secure and inaccessible from the outside web, I simply enabled all global privileges on the Kodi user account (in effect making it have the same access rights as my admin user account), and this cured the problem. Not recommended if your MySQL server is web-accessible, or rather serving as a back-end to some app that is, unless your Kodi user account has been restricted to localhost IP access only, and even then, using a strong password.

Hope this helps.
 Thanks! I will look into that aspect (permissions).

In the meantime, here is my full log should anyone know how to decipher it.

debug log
The forum moderators have determined that banned addons (wiki) are present on your system. To receive assistance here, these banned items must be removed. If a clean log is not submitted within 3 days, then the relevant post(s) will be removed after this time.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2017-12-27, 21:33)DarrenHill Wrote: The forum moderators have determined that banned addons (wiki) are present on your system. To receive assistance here, these banned items must be removed. If a clean log is not submitted within 3 days, then the relevant post(s) will be removed after this time.
 Could the moderator possibly tell me which addon(s) are in fact the issue? I just did a clean install and only added a handful of add-ons that I can recall.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Leia won't open up past 111017 builds (MySQL related)0