Leia won't open up past 111017 builds (MySQL related)
(2017-12-27, 18:25)debennett2 Wrote: The log (and you know this) is inconsequential depending on your answer as well.
No, because the reason is very simple: we are not fortune tellers who know beforehand whenever an error situation is initialized. Errors can start at ANY moment. So if incomplete logs are submitted, we still don't know what happened.

(2017-12-27, 18:25)debennett2 Wrote: Stop being a turd. You don't know me yet you introduced yourself with sarcasm and condescending tone. I simply was looking for help. If you aren't that guy, then be quiet.
Sorry, I can't be quiet. Especially when people with non-arguments start calling me a 'turd'. If you want proper help, then give us the tools for the job, as in a FULL log file. A log file without banned/illegal add-ons installed, preferably. Add-ons that are known to disrupt Kodi functionality. Exactly the reason why we ask for a FULL kodi.log. So we can exclude all crap that some users tend to install.

FYI: the kodil repository. I'm sure you'll know which addons you installed that belong to that repo.
(2017-12-27, 21:57)Klojum Wrote:
(2017-12-27, 18:25)debennett2 Wrote: The log (and you know this) is inconsequential depending on your answer as well.
No, because the reason is very simple: we are not fortune tellers who know beforehand whenever an error situation is initialized. Errors can start at ANY moment. So if incomplete logs are submitted, we still don't know what happened.
(2017-12-27, 18:25)debennett2 Wrote: Stop being a turd. You don't know me yet you introduced yourself with sarcasm and condescending tone. I simply was looking for help. If you aren't that guy, then be quiet.
Sorry, I can't be quiet. Especially when people with non-arguments start calling me a 'turd'. If you want proper help, then give us the tools for the job, as in a FULL log file. A log file without banned/illegal add-ons installed, preferably. Add-ons that are known to disrupt Kodi functionality. Exactly the reason why we ask for a FULL kodi.log. So we can exclude all crap that some users tend to install.

FYI: the kodil repository. I'm sure you'll know which addons you installed that belong to that repo. 
I installed no/zero/nill/none add-ons from that repository. That repository was added manually just this morning.
It contains piracy banned addons (wiki) and so is itself banned. We do not tolerate piracy here nor sources that offer it.

Please read the piracy policy (wiki) for more details.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2017-12-27, 22:17)DarrenHill Wrote: It contains piracy banned addons (wiki) and so is itself banned. We do not tolerate piracy here nor sources that offer it.

Please read the piracy policy (wiki) for more details.
Removed the offending addon and created a new debug log:

New Debug Log
Quote:17:38:40.433 T:14216 INFO: MYSQL: Connected to version 5.5.57-MariaDB
17:38:40.490 T:14216 NOTICE: Running database version xbmc_music69
17:38:40.534 T:14216 ERROR: SQL: [xbmc_video109] The table does not exist Query: SELECT idVersion FROM version
Okay. The new database is (still) corrupted for some reason.

As indicated, Kodi requires database user rights for creating a new database, includes rights for creating view and triggers. Double-check if there are sufficient database user rights for SQL user 'xbmc' on your database server.
Delete the new xbmc_video109 database and try again to have your old database upgraded into a new 109 video database.

You can also test to create a new clean database with a different name in your AV.xml file. Leaving out the name-tag for the database in the AV.xml file will get you the current default Kodi database name.

Apparently the music database is running okay.
In an attempt to not mess up anything since I am a novice at anything db-related....can someone tell me if there is anything wrong with these user accounts that would exhibit what I am seeing? I haven't touch anything yet:

Two things are going on, as far as I see it.

1 - There is a xbmc user that has a password (user selected database name from who knows how long ago)
2 - There is a kodi user that has no password (default database user name for the Kodi application as from v14)
Your screenshot is a listing of database user names on your SQL server. Normally the Kodi application should use the database user names in your AV.xml file, but sometime/somehow the user 'kodi' has also been created, and it has no password. Could it interfere during the upgrade process? It shouldn't, but software bugs can pop up at any moment.

Your screenshot shows the xbmc user having all privileges, so that should be fine.

These are the specified user rights (on the right) that I currently have on my MySQL server for the user 'kodi':

My suggestions for now:
  • Double-check if indeed all privileges are set for the user 'xbmc'.
  • Double-check on any other Kodi client boxes if this user 'kodi' is being used and is active via the advancedsettings.xml file. Otherwise remove it from the SQL server.
Ok, I think you guys are WAY over thinking this.  What are the chances dude closed out Kodi before it finished migrating his old video database to the new version? 

Close all instances of Kodi.

Let assume your Krypton video database is not messed up, then login to your mysql command line client and;

drop database xbmc_video109;

Then open one client and for the love of god, do not do anything till you see the home screen.
(2017-12-29, 05:38)helta Wrote: Ok, I think you guys are WAY over thinking this.  What are the chances dude closed out Kodi before it finished migrating his old video database to the new version? 

Close all instances of Kodi.

Let assume your Krypton video database is not messed up, then login to your mysql command line client and;

drop database xbmc_video109;

Then open one client and for the love of god, do not do anything till you see the home screen.

Yeah, that was all I needed to do. Weird.

So I’m using and have tried a few of the 122x17 builds on two different machines. I use harmony hub-based remotes on a 8.1 and 10 machine. The remote on the w10 won’t control windows volume now unless I alt tab to the desktop and off Kodi. Similar weirdness on the
8.1 where it just kinda stops working or there are delays in response. Probably not related but they both were fine on the 111017 build (64 bit)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Leia won't open up past 111017 builds (MySQL related)0