v18 Compacting DB?
Just curious if there is any process or add-on that would look after compacting the DB. Perhaps once a month.
The Clean Video Library and Clean Music Library tools should be doing just that. Removing items that are no longer current. An add-on could trigger that on a timely basis. However, certain items are not removed, such as links to external web videos. The best and most crude way of cleaning your database is to do a Library Export, delete and recreate the database, and re-import the exported items.

I agree the Clean Database tool can/should be more enhanced, perhaps Leia can do something about that. However, cleaning up the thumbnail cache is a bigger issue IMO. Too many old thumb files remain unused in the cache folder, clogging up the local storage.
I think Kcleaner by Dalanik does a fine job at this
(2017-12-26, 08:39)Klojum Wrote: The Clean Video Library and Clean Music Library tools should be doing just that. Removing items that are no longer current. An add-on could trigger that on a timely basis. However, certain items are not removed, such as links to external web videos. The best and most crude way of cleaning your database is to do a Library Export, delete and recreate the database, and re-import the exported items.

I agree the Clean Database tool can/should be more enhanced, perhaps Leia can do something about that. However, cleaning up the thumbnail cache is a bigger issue IMO. Too many old thumb files remain unused in the cache folder, clogging up the local storage.

Are you sure it does a compact? Deleting entries in DB is one thing, compacting is another. Most SQL DB,'s I've worked with require compacting now and then to empty the, what I'd describe as, the recycling bin. It's only after compacting that DB's actual size shrink and performance returns to where it should.
Compacting can bee seen as removing unneded crud etc and thereby reducing the size, this is not a compression.

Might have a look here https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=272112

PROGRAM ADDON - VIDEO DATABASE CLEANER
(2017-12-26, 10:16)Atreyu Wrote: I think Kcleaner by Dalanik does a fine job at this

Yes, Kcleaner also does that.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Compacting DB?0