How to install KODI in APPLETV 4K by Windows PC.
Sad 
Hi
I installed  KODI by Impactor in APPLE TV 4th generation by using USB-C cable but APPLE TV 4K doesn't have this port.
I want to install KODI in AppleTV 4K edition by Windows, and I don't have access to MAC.
Is it possible?
Sincerely.
(2017-12-26, 07:08)Reza.M Wrote: Hi
I installed  KODI by Impactor in APPLE TV 4th generation by using USB-C cable but APPLE TV 4K doesn't have this port.
I want to install KODI in AppleTV 4K edition by Windows, and I don't have access to MAC.
Is it possible?
Sincerely.
Think you need to have a virtual macos machine and use xcode.
try this to get macOS going
Install XCode from there and should be good to go

https://techsviewer.com/install-macos-hi...e-windows/
TV - 70" LG UM6970PUA  
AVR - Denon x2400h 5.2.2 Surround
Devices - Apple TV 4K, nVIDIA Shield TV Pro
Server - unRAID Pro, v6.9 | Asus TUF Gaming x570-Plus (Wifi) | AMD Ryzen 9 3950x | 64GB G.SKILL | 12TB Dual Parity + 92TB Storage
Remote - Logitech Harmony Smart Hub & Control
(2017-12-26, 17:39)tabm0de Wrote:
(2017-12-26, 07:08)Reza.M Wrote: Hi
Is it possible?
Sincerely.
Think you need to have a virtual macos machine and use xcode. 
I already have macos high sierra installed on VMWare in my windows pc.
But AppleTV 4K doesn't have USB-C port and when you use macos in virtual machine on windows systems , your airplay doesn't work,so how can I connect my apple tv 4k to my mac on virtual machine?
(2017-12-27, 01:36)Furby8704 Wrote: try this to get macOS going

I had MacOS High sierra installed on VMware and I had Installed Xcode on it too, but airplay doesn't work when you use macos on VMware on windows systems, so how can I connect my Xcode to my apple tv 4k without airplay and USB-C port?
(2017-12-27, 03:36)Reza.M Wrote:

I had MacOS High sierra installed on VMware and I had Installed Xcode on it too, but airplay doesn't work when you use macos on VMware on windows systems, so how can I connect my Xcode to my apple tv 4k without airplay and USB-C port?  
 I think it connects with network, i could be wrong.

Try How To Wirelessly Connect Apple TV 4K To Xcode On Mac

Quote:Step 3. On Apple TV, navigate to Settings > Remotes and Devices > Remote App and Devices and keep your Apple TV at this screen.Step 4. On Mac, launch Xcode and then navigate to Window > Devices and Simulators from the menu bar on top.
(2017-12-27, 10:06)tabm0de Wrote:
(2017-12-27, 03:36)Reza.M Wrote:

Quote:Step 3. On Apple TV, navigate to Settings > Remotes and Devices > Remote App and Devices and keep your Apple TV at this screen.Step 4. On Mac, launch Xcode and then navigate to Window > Devices and Simulators from the menu bar on top.
ImageImage

Unfortunately, any kind of connection in VMware considered as an Ethernet connection, and It's not possible to simulate wifi or Bluetooth connection on VMWare for MacOS.
Actually, we don't have any kind of wifi /Bluetooth simulated device on MacOS.
Is there any solution for this problem? for showing AppleTV or any other device on "Window > Devices and Simulators" menu on Xcode, first we need to define wifi connection for Virtual macOs on VMware.
(2017-12-28, 05:47)Reza.M Wrote:
(2017-12-27, 10:06)tabm0de Wrote:
(2017-12-27, 03:36)Reza.M Wrote:  I had MacOS High sierra installed on VMware and I had Installed Xcode on it too, but airplay doesn't work when you use macos on VMware on windows systems, so how can I connect my Xcode to my apple tv 4k without airplay and USB-C port?   

ImageImage

Unfortunately, any kind of connection in VMware considered as an Ethernet connection, and It's not possible to simulate wifi or Bluetooth connection on VMWare for MacOS.
Actually, we don't have any kind of wifi /Bluetooth simulated device on MacOS.
Is there any solution for this problem? for showing AppleTV or any other device on "Window > Devices and Simulators" menu on Xcode, first we need to define wifi connection for Virtual macOs on VMware. 
I could try tonight, as long your macos has local network connection same as your apple tv it shouldnt be any problem ( dosnt matter if it is wifi or not ).
I have paired my apple tv 4k with my vmware workstation mac os, you have to change the network adapter from "NAT" to custom and choose example "VMnet0" so i connects directly to your local network for broadcasting.

(2017-12-30, 00:53)tabm0de Wrote: I have paired my apple tv 4k with my vmware workstation mac os, you have to change the network adapter from "NAT" to custom and choose example "VMnet0" so i connects directly to your local network for broadcasting.

I don't have the option to select custom - could this be because I have a newer version of xCode?
(2017-12-30, 02:38)midash Wrote:
(2017-12-30, 00:53)tabm0de Wrote: I have paired my apple tv 4k with my vmware workstation mac os, you have to change the network adapter from "NAT" to custom and choose example "VMnet0" so i connects directly to your local network for broadcasting.

I don't have the option to select custom - could this be because I have a newer version of xCode?

That is a vmware workstation properties ( ctrl+d if remember right ) windows not xcode.
(2017-12-30, 03:22)tabm0de Wrote:
(2017-12-30, 02:38)midash Wrote:

That is a vmware workstation properties ( ctrl+d if remember right ) windows not xcode. 
 Oh, I was using Oracle Workstation... i'll see if I can find the VMWare and install and try with that! Smile
Nope can't get that to work either... so frustrating!

I am seriously thinking to get a damn mac lol
Do you mean you have oracle virtualbox? then in the network adapter settings it should be "bridged" network connection for your virtualbox.

Thanks @tabm0de 
Finally, I did it last night Smile
I have connected to AppleTV 4K by VMWARE on Windows device and I have installed Kodi on it.
Unfortunately, this way is valid just for 7 days for regular AppleIDs.
I don't know why Apple remove USB-C form new version of AppleTV and made it more difficult, installation of KODI process.

Is there any other solution for Installation KODI permanently, on Apple TV 4K  (without jailbreaking /without developer AppleID)?

CYDIA IMPACTOR also working only based on USB Connection Sad

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to install KODI in APPLETV 4K by Windows PC.0