How to install KODI in APPLETV 4K by Windows PC.
(2017-12-31, 19:28)Reza.M Wrote:
(2017-12-30, 00:53)tabm0de Wrote: I have paired my apple tv 4k with my vmware workstation mac os, you have to change the network adapter from "NAT" to custom and choose example "VMnet0" so i connects directly to your local network for broadcasting.

Thanks @tabm0de 
Finally, I did it last night Smile
I have connected to AppleTV 4K by VMWARE on Windows device and I have installed Kodi on it.
Unfortunately, this way is valid just for 7 days for regular AppleIDs.
I don't know why Apple remove USB-C form new version of AppleTV and made it more difficult, installation of KODI process.

Is there any other solution for Installation KODI permanently, on Apple TV 4K  (without jailbreaking /without developer AppleID)? CYDIA IMPACTOR also working only based on USB Connection Sad 
 The only two permanent "installations" types are jailbreak which only work on 11.0-11.1 on tvos or to buy "apart" of developer apple id ( UDID Registration ) which cost  $9 yearly ( still could need reinstallations 2-3 times a year ).
(2018-01-02, 09:45)tabm0de Wrote:
(2017-12-31, 19:28)Reza.M Wrote:
(2017-12-30, 00:53)tabm0de Wrote: I have paired my apple tv 4k with my vmware workstation mac os, you have to change the network adapter from "NAT" to custom and choose example "VMnet0" so i connects directly to your local network for broadcasting.

Thanks @tabm0de 
I have connected to AppleTV 4K by VMWARE on Windows device and I have installed Kodi on it.
I don't know why Apple remove USB-C form new version of AppleTV and made it more difficult, installation of KODI process.

Is there any other solution for Installation KODI permanently, on Apple TV 4K  (without jailbreaking /without developer AppleID)? CYDIA IMPACTOR also working only based on USB Connection Sad  
 The only two permanent "installations" types are jailbreak which only work on 11.0-11.1 on tvos or to buy "apart" of developer apple id ( UDID Registration ) which cost  $9 yearly ( still could need reinstallations 2-3 times a year ). 
@tabm0de does jailbreaking make the subsequent sideload of Kodi permanent?  I have done it but not sure if I'll have to do it again in 7 days as I've jailbroken my 11.0 tvOS device already.
Guys...

This is just a friendly request. On a forum, it is REALLY not necessary to quote almost every previous reply including screen shots, and then only add a single line of text of your own. Most of the time, that single line of text will explain things just as well, so there is no need to put in a $#@% load of echo'd text and images as well. Also, single texts read a lot quicker.

We prefer to keep things tidy around here.
Thanks for your consideration and cooperation.
(2017-12-31, 19:28)Reza.M Wrote: Thanks @tabm0de 

I am in the same boat as well. Installed macOS via VMWare. Unable to connect to Apple TV. I changed the network adapter setting to VMNet0 as suggested above, but then Mac doesnt seem to be able to connect to the internet at all. Was there any other setting you had to modify to be able to see the apple tv in xcode?

Really appreciate if you could provide the settings you have to connect.

Thanks
Make sure that you're connected to the SAME wireless network.
You need to be on same network , doesnt matter if it is wireless or wired connection as long its on the same subnet.

Example my apple tv is wired but my macos is on wireless but on same network range ( same broadcast adress ).
Hi there!

I need to ask the same question as seen here before. Is there any permanent "installations" types of Kodi on a Appletv 4k, with or without jailbreaking?

Have a nice day! Smile
(2019-03-12, 08:21)doman Wrote: Hi there!

I need to ask the same question as seen here before. Is there any permanent "installations" types of Kodi on a Appletv 4k, with or without jailbreaking?

Have a nice day! Smile

you can use *BLEEP* mod-edit
heads up, it's not free.
(2019-04-04, 21:24)kod_itvbox_ca Wrote: heads up, it's not free.
It's also straight-forward advertising, something that our forum is not meant for, as per our forum rules (wiki).

Don't try that again, if you want to keep your forum membership.
(2019-04-04, 21:24)kod_itvbox_ca Wrote: heads up, it's not free.
After further investigation of your website, you are apparently selling Kodi for a monthly fee. Kodi itself is open-source and totally free-of-charge. That simply makes you a scumbag first class. Plus you also are using our Kodi logo without permission.

I'm gonna keep it simple. We kick you off this forum, as you on top of it all also violated the forum rules regarding your forum nickname.

Goodbye.
Ok, so I've been beating my head against the wall over this forever. I am using vmware player. I am using vmnet0. I am on the same network. I can ping my Apple TV from a MAC terminal. (by the way, for the person who said their internet stopped working when switching to vmnet0, that's because you're normally using an auto-assigned address (169.xxx...) but otherwise you should be on a 192.168.x... In the Mac VM, open up your settings, go to network, and change it to something else and hit apply, then change it back to dhcp and hit apply again. Or if you know the equivalent to a release/renew on windows, do that.

Anyway, I still cannot get my Apple TV 4k to show up under devices and simulators. It requires bluetooth to be in near proximity, so the ATV knows it's being paired and switched to a different broadcast mode. How did any of you who said you made this work, do it? the vmware people say that the bluetooth cannot be supported in this way. Anything that can be plugged in (like my new iPhone 12 Pro and iPad Pro) can be hooked up from USB first, then you can right-click the devices in that windows and select "connect via ip address".

This would be fine and dandy if I could get the Apple TV 4k to appear in this window in the first place! There is no way to simply manually add a new device via IP in xcode. If there is a workaround, I'm all ears.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to install KODI in APPLETV 4K by Windows PC.0