Popcornflix "One or more items failed to play"
I have OSMC running on a Raspberry Pi 3b and when I try to run many video streams such as, but not limited to Popcornflix, I get the “one or more items failed to play. Check the log for more information about this message”.

I installed a VPN thinking it might have been a Geo restriction but that didn’t work.

I have previously had popcorn flix working on another raspberry pi several months ago but I used that pi for another project and just got a new one.

I have since tried a fresh download and install of LibreElec with Kodi 17.5, installed the Popcornflix addon only and had the same error. So then I went to an earlier version of OSMC, 2017.01-1, which is about where I last had popcornflix and everything else working but still the same error came up.So I am back to where I began with OSMC 2017.10-1, Kodi 17.5 and a VPN installed and connected.

I know this may be a addon specific problem but because it is not limited to popcornflix I figured it may also be a Kodi setting causing my grief.
 The logs are here.

Thanks for your time.
I can see a pile of issues here, and I have two questions

Issues:

1. You are using OSMC, not Kodi.
2. You debug log contains other plugins, which could be creating a problem.
3. You have mentioned many video streams do no work, but failed to mention the names of any of them.

Questions:

1. Did you ask for help on the Popcorn Video Addon Thread?
2. Did you ask for help from the  OSMC Community already?
Running Kodi on Arch 64bit Linux (Leia 18.9) ,  Android Nougat (Leia 18.9) CoreELEC (S905 community builds Leia 18.9)
Do you have a computer with mpv / mplayer on it?

Can you run this video?
 mpv https://content.jwplatform.com/manifests/tTPwchdZ.m3u8
Running Kodi on Arch 64bit Linux (Leia 18.9) ,  Android Nougat (Leia 18.9) CoreELEC (S905 community builds Leia 18.9)
(2017-12-27, 01:29)gary9872 Wrote: I can see a pile of issues here, and I have two questions

Issues:

1. You are using OSMC, not Kodi.
2. You debug log contains other plugins, which could be creating a problem.
3. You have mentioned many video streams do no work, but failed to mention the names of any of them.

Questions:

1. Did you ask for help on the Popcorn Video Addon Thread?
2. Did you ask for help from the  OSMC Community already?

Thank you for your reply gary9872, I appreciate it.

Issue 1: Aren't I using both? OSMC OS and Kodi app? 
Issue 2: Yes quite possibly. How to diagnose which is the culprit, if any, is a challenge.
Issue 3: My memory sucks. I cannot remember specific streams but I do remember it included podcasts and liveview channels. I have since burned a fresh image onto the pi, (the problem still persists),  so I will have to go searching again.

Question 1: No. I thought since it is not limited to the popcornflix addon it was a problem higher up the ladder.
Question 2: Yes. They told me to go away, not an OSMC problem. (Not exactly those words but near enough).

I have recently installed the "Neptune Rising" addon which sometimes works. but when it fails to play I don't get the above error message. In fact I don't get any message, it just dumps me back at the "select movie" menu.

I cannot help thinking this is a network issue. I am on satelite broadband which has relatively good download speeds but very poor latency.
(2017-12-27, 01:57)gary9872 Wrote: Do you have a computer with mpv / mplayer on it?

Can you run this video?
 mpv https://content.jwplatform.com/manifests/tTPwchdZ.m3u8
 Yep, runs fine on this machine on the same network.
(2017-12-30, 23:34)moose4621 Wrote: I have recently installed the "Neptune Rising" addon which sometimes works. but when it fails to play I don't get the above error message. In fact I don't get any message, it just dumps me back at the "select movie" menu.

I cannot help thinking this is a network issue. I am on satelite broadband which has relatively good download speeds but very poor latency.

Then you installed a banned addon (wiki) build which violates our piracy policy (wiki) and means your device is not supported or welcome here whilst it's in place.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
The forum moderators have determined that banned addons (wiki) are present on your system. To receive assistance here, these banned items must be removed. If a clean log is not submitted within 3 days, then the relevant post(s) will be removed after this time.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
@moose4621

Neptune Rising is a banned add-on in these forums. As you have it installed, this makes you ineligible for support here until it is removed.

Have you checked out the Popcornflix thread for reports of any issues... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=198931
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Oops!

Sorry guys.

Here is a fresh install with just popcornflix addon enabled.

As always, I get the "one or more items failed to play. Check the log for more information about this message"

Because of my really poor network latency and ping time, can I adjust the network timeouts to compensate?

Is there a non-banned network speed test addon?
@moose4621

Looks fine. Thanks.

You need to check out the link I gave in my previous post. The author of the addon is @learningit and he will be able to assist with your specific popcornflix question after you check you are using the correct version. I can't tell what version you are using from the log.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Popcornflix "One or more items failed to play"0