Is there a way to enable FTPS (not SFTP) in Kodi for Video sources?
Hi guys,

I am running Kodi on Raspberry Pi 2 and was trying to access my remote storage by SFTP. This was not possible as the Pi is not able to handle the SFTP overhead and therefore was unusable with this setting.
I then tried to use plain FTP, which is working fine, but also is kind of unsecure.
I was now thinking about using FTP with SSL or TLS.
As there is no option in the configuration, I am wondering if there is any method to configure Kodi to use FTPS sources in any way?
Or maybe there is a way to improve the SFTP performance to a better level?
The Pi currently is not overclocked or anything else, but I doubt if OC will bring that much of a benefit to handle SFTP overhead.

Any reply would be highly appreciated!

Thanks a lot in advance and merry Christmas!
I believe you can add |auth=SSL/TLS to the end of the FTP path in the sources, I recall reading somewhere that it's something to do with the SSL libraries in Linux rather than an overhead issue that slows secure connections down.

Example: ftp://admin:pass@IP/Videos|auth=TLS
Quote:I believe you can add |auth=SSL/TLS to the end of the FTP path in the sources, I recall reading somewhere that it's something to do with the SSL libraries in Linux rather than an overhead issue that slows secure connections down.
(2017-12-27, 00:44)Pulseeey Wrote: Example: ftp://admin:pass@IP/Videos|auth=TLS
This has been the correct answer. Thanks for this quick reply and help!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is there a way to enable FTPS (not SFTP) in Kodi for Video sources?0