• 4(current)
[REQUEST] Channel4 Catchup - 4oD (Channel 4 on Demand) Plugin?
This would be greatBig Grin... But the full shows seemed to be scrambled via the xbmc youtube plugin. Eek

any ideas?

freestyler
Rainbow 
Hmmmm. Not sure. I wonder if we can download the actual files and see if they're DRM protected or something odd.

I'll need to get back to my main computer to try it. I use a firefox plugin for that.
bumpy bump bump. after all this time maybe there is a plugin?
no interest in 4oD? it seems to have better content than iplayer these days (and for much longer, so watching whole series of older stuff like Nathan Barley is possible).
i'd love 4od and wish i could code to update this myself Sad
-= My Media Centre =-
ACER Revo R3610 | x2 1.5TB WD Caviar Green SATA Hard Drives (WD15EADS) | x2 2.0TB WD Caviar Green SATA Hard Drive ( WD15EARS ) | 3.5in Black eSATA USB Trayless SATA External Hard Drive Enclosure | Emprex 3009URF Wireless MCE Remote Control | XBMCLive Dharma Beta1
i think the idea might have been to get 4oD content via a youtube plugin.. but, that doesn't seem to work, either because it doesnt' support RTMPe or there's some "syndication" content error? (i.e. 4oD isn't playing nice with youtube access?)
Smiff you can use the alternative youtube addon to get 4od stuff and i watch coachtrip that way. But you can't seem to add channels so you manually have to add each show.
-= My Media Centre =-
ACER Revo R3610 | x2 1.5TB WD Caviar Green SATA Hard Drives (WD15EADS) | x2 2.0TB WD Caviar Green SATA Hard Drive ( WD15EARS ) | 3.5in Black eSATA USB Trayless SATA External Hard Drive Enclosure | Emprex 3009URF Wireless MCE Remote Control | XBMCLive Dharma Beta1
really? i'll have to try that again. can you confirm that all 4oD content is accessible? are you just using the search for programme name?

yeah using mighty-bombero's xbox version, i'm only getting adverts and trailers and crap, everything except the actual programmes.
You can use the Alternative YouTube plugin to view rtmpe videos, I'm not sure if there are any differences between 4od from Channel4 and what is available from 4od on YouTube. If check the thread about Alternative YouTube you'll find the link for the version you need.
Smiff Wrote:really? i'll have to try that again. can you confirm that all 4oD content is accessible? are you just using the search for programme name?

I have to add them via my youtube account to my favorites as the plugin wouldn't find them. then they work perfectly. And yes as far as i know all of 4od works as they have included rtmp support.
-= My Media Centre =-
gott_sei_dank Wrote:You can use the Alternative YouTube plugin to view rtmpe videos, I'm not sure if there are any differences between 4od from Channel4 and what is available from 4od on YouTube. If check the thread about Alternative YouTube you'll find the link for the version you need.

thanks i think i have the right version, i just don't know how to find 4oD content.
adding it via youtube web account isn't really viable either, too awkward.
edit: if you mean you can add all of 4oD to your favourites and then sign in on the plugin, i could manage that. or does every show need to be added somehow?

trying to find 4oD shows, my log contains many lines of:
ERROR reasonCode: [limitedSyndication] Syndication of this video was restricted by its owner.
ERROR reasonCode: [limitedSyndication] Syndication of this video was restricted by its owner.
is this related to the stuff i can't find?
To view 4oD content via the (Alternative) YouTube plugin you need to download the plugin from the Google Code page of the developers, as the official Repo refuses to host plugins that support RTMPE.

To search for programs you can just do a search for the program's title, but the most effective way of doing it is to search for the program's title and the 4oD category that it belongs to. For example to search for Peep Show, you'd search for:

"peep show 4oDComedy"

There are several 4oD categories, these are:

4oD (note this is not all 4oD content - it's just the preview stuff you get on the 4oD YouTube homepage)
4oDComedy
4oDDocumentaries
4oDDrama
4oDEntertainment
4oDFood
4oDHomes
4oDLifestyle
still having problems...
plugin search results seem to have almost no relation to search results on youtube web site.
using latest beta 196 from google code
any ideas please?

searching for "peep show" on youtube.com gives lots of official results (from 4oDComedy)
searching for "peep show" on plugin gives lots of clips and rubbish
searching for "peep show 4oDComedy" on plugin produces 2 results neither of which are the programme.
frustrating as heck!

manually entering the videoID does play the video perfectly! but is totally impractical as it requires cross referencing with a pc web browser.

"Auto-magically filters unavailable video's from YouTube's results (If you see it, you can play it) "

i'm guessing the problem is somewhere here - is the plugin filtering too much? any way to disable the search result filtering? i AM logged into my google account in the plugin.

i should also add that i thought of using the favourites list, but that doesn't work either. add to favourites on pc, but nothing shows in plugin.

ah yes here's relevant part of log: (there are 4 items in my favourites, only 1 shows up, other 3 are 4oD shows)

Quote:01:32:57 M: 34582528 NOTICE: YouTube-1.9.6 _getAuth
01:32:57 M: 34582528 NOTICE: YouTube-1.9.6 _getAuth returning stored auth
01:32:57 M: 34562048 NOTICE: YouTube-1.9.6 _getvideoinfo: 14785
01:32:57 M: 34291712 NOTICE: plot updated
01:32:57 M: 34283520 NOTICE: YouTube-1.9.6 _getvideoinfo videoid set to false
01:32:57 M: 34283520 NOTICE: plot updated
01:32:57 M: 34283520 NOTICE: YouTube-1.9.6 _getvideoinfo done : 4
01:32:57 M: 34295808 NOTICE: YouTube-1.9.6 list done :4
01:32:57 M: 34295808 NOTICE: YouTube-1.9.6 parseVideoList, got videoid false
01:32:57 M: 34308096 NOTICE: YouTube-1.9.6 parseVideoList, got videoid false
01:32:57 M: 34287616 NOTICE: YouTube-1.9.6 parseVideoList, got videoid false
01:32:57 M: 34287616 NOTICE: YouTube-1.9.6 view mode set to: 2

problem is either in parseVideoList , or youtube not serving some "protected" shows in the feeds?

edit again:
it appears youtube (or 4oD) excludes all actual shows from their feeds? anyone confirm? this is a total disaster as there's no nice way to integrate in xbmc then.. probably to do with advertising?
Forget the googlecode Page and using the beta. The beta was last updated in December. The version in the official repo now supports rtmpe. Give that one a go. Should work
i read above that official plugin doesn't have RTMPE support. lots of conflicting info.

to be clear, playback of 4oD content does work in the beta196 if you enter a videoID. problem is in (lack of) search results.
has anyone confirmed they can find 4oD content successfully using any youtube plugin? despite trying many i have never seen this work.
procrastinator above seems to be able to find programmes, anyone else? Smile

any link to the latest official youtube plugin please? i don't have access to installer right now.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[REQUEST] Channel4 Catchup - 4oD (Channel 4 on Demand) Plugin?0