v17 NVIDIA Shield - How to pin photo folders from external HDD
I have connected a NTFS formatted USB HDD containing photos (.jpg) and video (.mov, .mp4, .m2ts) to my NVIDIA Shield.  I do not want to "adopt" this HDD since it is occasionally used elsewhere and have successfully set up FTP access to allow me to easily write new files to it over my home network.  I can also manually navigate the HDD from the Pictures section of the Kodi main window by expanding the folder structure.  I therefore conclude that the HDD is correctly recognised by the Shield and Kodi 17.6.

I cannot however find a way to achieve the final thing I want to do; this is to "pin" the five primary photo folders directly to the righthand pane in the Pictures section of the Kodi GUI. In other words a simple pseudo library as far as my family are concerned.  To do this will give faster access as well as avoid my family having to navigate past Android and other irrelevant folders on the HDD.  My problem is that the USB HDD does not appear in Add Pictures / Browse and selecting Root filesystem in the Browse dialogue just causes the "cursor" to jump back to wherever it was immediately previously; the option itself never opens.

A workaround is to connect the HDD to my NAS and use Add Photos / Browse / select the NAS USB HDD folder / Add to Library and repeat for the other four folders - but since the NAS is inaccessible without hassle and the Shield has two USB 3 ports I prefer to connect the USB HDD directly to the Shield.

How to solve the issue, please?

I am a newcomer to Kodi but have diligently trawled this forum and others even though I have failed.

Many thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NVIDIA Shield - How to pin photo folders from external HDD0