v17 Wrong subtitles load every time
For the last week or so the local subtitles that load are the same regardless of the film, show or episode, I am actually watching. I have figured out which show the subtitles belong to, although not the episode. The problem has been there for the last two builds (currently using 17.6). I can download new subtitles from opensubtitles or subscene to override the wrong ones but it would be nice to get the wrong ones "unstuck".

All tips appreciated.

Thanks
A
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file.

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Always use a paste site like pastebin.com. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
Ok, thanks for the info.
I followed the steps and got this URL: https://paste.ubuntu.com/26294947/.
Every now and then I get different subtitles than the ones I mentioned in my OP, but in this log it is those subtitles again. I don't know if I'm supposed to name the show from which the subtitles belong and the one that is actually playing?

Hope that is what is needed. 

Thanks
A
(2017-12-28, 14:38)Klojum Wrote: To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file.

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Always use a paste site like pastebin.com. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
That log is useless. Did you read the Note... Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-12-31, 21:23)Karellen Wrote: That log is useless. Did you read the Note... Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
 Yes, I did read it. And I followed the instructions to a tee. I don't know what to tell you, that is the URL it gave me. I have not touched the content of the log. I only read through it to check for passwords (as instructed). So, what is it that is wrong with it? And how can it be partial or redacted? The log is not editable. 
Please let me know if I should do something different.
The problem is that most of it is missing. There is 96 lines of log, to cover over 18 minutes. A lot of the startup process is missing. Nothing happens for 10 minutes. You haven't replicated the problem in the log, so there is nothing to see.

It is difficult to see how that can be the original log.

If you want assistance, a full log is required which captures the issue you are experiencing. As requested in the original post...
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-12-31, 22:27)Karellen Wrote: The problem is that most of it is missing. There is 96 lines of log, to cover over 18 minutes. A lot of the startup process is missing. Nothing happens for 10 minutes. You haven't replicated the problem in the log, so there is nothing to see.

It is difficult to see how that can be the original log.

If you want assistance, a full log is required which captures the issue you are experiencing. As requested in the original post...
Thanks for the reply. I'll repeat the process and create another log. Let me just tell you how I did it the first time and maybe you can tell if I was doing something wrong. 
1. I installed the Kodi logfile uploader
2. I turned debugging on
3. I enabled dubug logging in system settings (got the weird text in the top left corner of the screeen)
4. I restarted Kodi
5. I started an episode of a show. The problem with the wrong subtitles occurred immediately so I played it for a minute or so and then stopped the stream. (was that maybe not enough?)
6. A dialog with the URL appeared on the screen which I wrote down and posted in here.

I don't know how to read a log but it sounds weird to me that nothing happens for 10 minutes and that 18 minutes were logged when I only streamed for appr 1 minute. Do I need to do a reset somewhere?
Maybe I should mention it's on an Amazon fire. tv box
Hello pabdx

Step 3 is correct, so not sure what you are doing in step 2 which is different to step 3. Apart from that, your steps are correct, and it should work. Try again?

Just be aware of the following. I think you may have uploaded the wrong log...

Be aware that the Logs are only "Session Logs" The logs are written from Kodi startup to Kodi shutdown (or crash). The next time you start Kodi, the kodi.log is cleared, and you start again. A new Kodi.log is created. The kodi.log that was there is renamed to kodi.old.log and the existing kodi.old.log is deleted. In effect you only ever have two logs available- the current one, and the previous one.

You need to run the debugging mode again and replicate the crash, and upload the log using one of these two methods...
1. If you are going to restart Kodi to use the uploader app, you need to upload kodi.old.log
2. Before restarting, you can manually copy and paste the contents of the kodi.log to a pastebin site
My Signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Wrong subtitles load every time0