Why can't fullscreen video remote keys be remapped?
I have a SHIELD running Kodi and use my TV remote (through HDMI-CEC) to control Kodi. I'm trying to remap some keys but without success.

I've added a keyboard.xml file with the following contents to my userdata/keymaps folder:

xml:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<keymap>
    <global>
        <keyboard>
            <play>Notification(Keypress, play, 1)</play>
            <pause>Notification(Keypress, pause, 1)</pause>
            <play_pause>Notification(Keypress, play_pause, 1)</play_pause>
        </keyboard>
    </global>
</keymap>

(You may be wondering, why <keyboard> and not <remote>, well, that's the only thing that worked for me)

When I press either the play or pause buttons on my remote while in the home screen, I get a notification with "play_pause", just as configured above. As you can see, I'm setting this globally with <global> but this is not working while playing a video file. I tried to replace <global> with <FullscreenVideo> but it didn't work either. I then turned on debugging and looked into the log file. And I see stuff like this when I press some remote keys while in the homescreen:

text:
18:26:44.509 T:1462753568   DEBUG: OnKey: play_pause (0xf0bd) pressed, action is Notification(Keypress, play_pause, 1)
18:26:45.811 T:1462753568   DEBUG: OnKey: right (0xf083) pressed, action is Right

But when I'm playing a video file, pressing play/pause buttons don't seem to produce any "OnKey" debug entries, but the keys still to their respective actions.

Is there any other way I can remap the play/pause buttons while playing fullscreen video? Currently play plays and pause pauses, exclusively. But I want both play and pause to both play_pause.
Thoughts, anyone? Sad
I'd suggest deleting your keyboard.xml and installing http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Keymap_Editor
Yes, try using the addon: Keymap Editor
Kodi 18: Nvidia Shield TV (main device) and LibreELEC on Raspberry Pi 2 and Odroid C2
TV: Panasonic TX-55EZ950E (OLED)
AVR: Onkyo TX-NR509 (HDMI ARC)
I want to understand what exactly is my problem given that I can remap the buttons for the home screen but not for the fullscreen video screen. That's my issue, it should work and I don't think the Keymap Editor will help. Actually, I tried Keymap Editor before creating this thread, I still couldn't make it work. Because the problem doesn't seem to be the remapping itself, but something else.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Why can't fullscreen video remote keys be remapped?0