No information found for item 'X', it won't be added to the library.
Hello,

I am running the latest LibreELEC 8.2.2 with Kodi 17.6.

When checking my movies library I noticed that a lot of movies are missing. So I checked the log file and noticed the following:

Code:
21:45:20.781 T:139678358525696 WARNING: No information found for item 'nfs://1.2.3.4/export/Filme/X/X.mkv', it won't be added to the library.

I checked (as I normally use Ember Media Manager to provide movie.nfo, fanart.jpg and poster.jpg files in the movie directories) and found that these files are there for the movie. Also I have one movie per directory. Seems pretty perfect for Kodi and it also works with many other movies.

So I do not understand why Kodi does not find the local information here. I learned here that The scrapers are only used where there is no local information. So Kodi seems to not like the local information.

It really gets strange when I browse through the directories (not the library) and open the movie file X.mkv. Kodi then asks for the name of the movie and suggest the filename. I remove the file name, enter the movie name. Then Kodi says it found local information and if I do not want to use it. I say that I want to use it. Also Kodi displays a box with the search results (I guess from the scraper) and I select the correct movie. I do not know anymore if the question if I want to use the local information or the search results box appears first. Anyway, after doing this like described the movie is added to the library. Strange!

Any idea, anyone?

Thank you and cheers,
Roi
Hello Roi Danton

We will need the following to assist you...

1. Full debug log (wiki) to pastebin which captures the problem
2. NFO File to pastebin of one of the affected movies
3. Actual movie names. X movie does not help as we cannot look it up to see if it is named correctly.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-12-28, 23:03)Karellen Wrote: Hello Roi Danton

We will need the following to assist you...

1. Full debug log (wiki) to pastebin which captures the problem
2. NFO File to pastebin of one of the affected movies
3. Actual movie names. X movie does not help as we cannot look it up to see if it is named correctly.
 Thank you for your reply. I just checked. I did not name the movie file properly. Did not know that this was necessary (thought the local information in the movie.nfo file is enough). I will now rename all files and check if there is still an issue here.

But can you tell me why Kodi is looking in the internet for movie information when a local movie.nfo file is there? I understand why the directory and files need proper naming if the movies need to get looked up on the internet. But I do not understand why this is necessary when the local informations are provided.
Did you solve this problem? I am currently experiencing it with TV show scanning.
@odonne89

You will need to provide a Debug_Log (wiki). Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging, restart Kodi then replicate the problem. In your case, try to your tv show into the library. Once done upload to https://paste.ubuntu.com/ and link back here. Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2018-06-06, 02:01)odonne89 Wrote: Did you solve this problem? I am currently experiencing it with TV show scanning.
 I think OP's problem was related to the "movies are in separate folders" switch.  That's not applicable for TV Shows.  So again, we need a debug log.

scott s.
The TV show equivalent is "this folder contains a single TV show" (or something like that) which needs to be set at the lowest level of the folder tree where the media is stored (ie the folder level where it's actually true). Depending on how things are set up it is possible that could be mis-set (Kodi by default sets it at the level below the root of the folder being scraped).

More information on the storage structure of the TV show files and folders is also needed, as well as the aforementioned debug log (wiki)
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No information found for item 'X', it won't be added to the library.0