How to stop another script from a service script
Hi

i try to start / stop a script from a servicescript when a push button is pressed.

starting the script with

s='XBMC.RunAddon("script.module.input",Relais='+str(nr-3)+')'
        xbmc.executebuiltin(s)

works very welll

but i have not  found a way to stop it.

When i try it with

xbmc.executebuiltin('XBMC.StopScript("script.module.input")')

it doesn´t work and kodi.log shows

CPythonInvoker(6, /storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.input/addon.py): script didn't stop in 5 seconds - let's kill it

script.module.input has a modal dialog with home button . If i press the Home button script closes as expected

Any help ?

Martin
Thread moved to addon development
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
i've tested it and StopScript() indeed doesn't seem to work (at least not or scripts that create a GUI).

perhaps you could try xbmc.executebuiltin('Action(Back)') or xbmc.executebuiltin('Dialog.Close(all,true)') instead?
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2017-12-29, 15:58)ronie Wrote: i've tested it and StopScript() indeed doesn't seem to work (at least not or scripts that create a GUI).

perhaps you could try xbmc.executebuiltin('Action(Back)') or xbmc.executebuiltin('Dialog.Close(all,true)') instead?
 both methods works well. Thank you very much

Martin
I'd like to resurrect this question, because I've run into the same problem where StopScript doesn't seem to be working. I would like to do something like:

xbmc.executebuiltin('XBMC.StopScript(.../.kodi/userdata/myscripts/playgreen.py')

'playgreen' is a kind of smart playlist that starts a number of videos sequentially. This script doesn't generate any gui boxes that I could click to kill it, so I would need a different solution, but I'm at a loss.

Any ideas?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to stop another script from a service script0