Black screen after switching HDMI source
Hi,

I've been looking for this problem but didn't found a solution.

When I change from HDMI source (i.e. BD or setupbox) and go back to Kodi the screen is black, sound works, no mouse visible.
If I do the same with desktop at the fore ground all works well. This happens also when I switch my TV off and on.

What did I try:
  • changed the monitor.inf (EDID override)
  • changed HDMI cable
  • went from Kodi 17.6 to 18 (29/12/2017)
  • render method changed to Software and back
  • ticked DXVA2 on and off
Until now no succes :-(

My set up:
  • Minix Z83-4 Windows 10 home 64
  • Denon X2200-W
  • Panasonic TX-P46G10
Who has any ideas to fix this issue?

A big thanks in advance
I'm having the same issue with my setup. Kodi (V17.6 running on Win10 on a headless bootcamped MacMini...ie no keyboard or mouse) is connected via HDMI to my AV receiver. When I switch my HDMI source on my receiver away from Kodi and back again, the screen is blank (but I can still hear audio). I can get the screen back by pulling out my iPhone, running the Sybu Kodi app and toggling fullscreen twice (the first time brings the video back in windowed mode, and hitting it a second time puts it back into fullscreen mode).

This is a PITA though....I want to be able to switch to Kodi's input on my AV receiver and not see a black screen. 

Does anyone know how I can fix this?

EDIT:  Scanning the forum I came acrross the HDMI Pin 19 hack....that just seems unacceptable to me. I also came across the custom EDID driver install, which I suppose is something I could try, but can anyone tell me why, after having no issues with HDMI handshaking for several years, this issue has suddenly cropped up for me? Was it something in V17.6, or perhaps the Win Creator's Update?
System: Boot Camped Mac Mini (Late 2014) with Intel Iris Graphics 5100 iGPU, 16GB RAM, 240GB SSD - Synology 1513+ 30TB NAS - Pioneer Elite SC-57 AVR - Sharp Elite PRO-70X5FD LCD - Canton CD 300 5.1 Surround Speakers
https://sybu.co.za/wp/wp-content/uploads...800_en.png

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Black screen after switching HDMI source1