Linux AirPlay - Unable to Connect
Hello All,

Have been trying to get AirPlay working from iPhone to Kodi.  Have successfully got it working via Windows 10 platform.  However, trying to get it to work on Ubuntu Linux platform I have not!  All the settings under Kodi on the Linux platform match that of the working Windows 10 instance.

My Linux setup:
Ubuntu Linux 16.04 (kernel 4.4.0-87-generic)
Kodi 17.6 (via the team-xbmc ppa)
avahi-daemon (package ref 0.6.32~rc+dfsg-1ubuntu2)

When playing a track from music app or podcast app and touching the AirPlay symbol on my iPhone, the Kodi Linux AirPlay Speaker appears.  However when selecting it, the error message on the iPhone reads "Unable to Connect to Kodi...."

Any ideas what I'm missing here?

kodi log:
https://pastebin.com/LGAVei0X

Many thanks,
Guy
Hello All,

This morning thought I would install and configure shairport-sync (v.2.8.0 via Ubuntu repo).  This works as expected.

As installing shairport-sync brought in a few new libraries I thought I would re-try Kodi AirPlay, however still no joy the iPhone still says unable to connect.

Many thanks,
Guy
Hello All,

Built Kodi from source this morning ensuring that AirTunes and AirPlay were configured prior to executing make.  Running the successful Linux build of branch Krypton (17.6), streaming music from my iPhone to Kodi via AirPlay still fails as described in the original post.  I have installed shairplay too and tried to stream directly to to this without Kodi being closed and open and this fails in both instances too.  shairplay reports in the terminal "Connection closed for socket 10"!

Is anyone else experiencing AirPlay issues with Krypton on Linux builds with iOS 11.1.2?

Many thanks,
Guy
The same problem.
Kodi 17.6 on Ubuntu 16.04 doesn't play music from iPhone 7 IOS 11.2.2, but does play from iTunes on MacOS

btw,
old Kodi 16.1 works fine with both iPhone and iTunes.
Hello Tronx,

I'm glad it's not just me!

I tried just now Kodi 16.1 from source and from .deb (sudo add-apt-repository ppa:team-xbmc/kodi-old) however for me still no Airplay.

I recently bought a new Raspberry Pi3 and the OSMC linux distro with Kodi 17.6 works fine.  I plan to upgrade Ubuntu to 18.04 LTS once its released.  Hopefully by then I either find the missing package / library to make it work or hopefully 18.04 just works out the box.

P.S. Thanks for the iTunes tip - I installed forked-daapd (uses same music server protocol as iTunes) and indeed Airplay via this protocol works great to 16.1 & 17.6.  I'm going to install shairport-sync next week and try out "multi-room synchronous playback" of one track and "multi-room" independent features found in the iOS "Remote" iTunes app.

Many thanks,
Guy
same here... i cant get kodi to show up on my iphone... i did everything...

kodi shows up perfect in ITUNES... but not in my iphone....

i also couldnt find my itunes inside of my iphone...

i think apple ios 11 has a bug or somehting or they changed something... this sucks...
My two cents to the description of the problem:

- from iOS 11.2.5 (iPhone 6 Plus): does not even connect, gives error "Unable to connect to Kodi"
- from iOS 9.3.5 (iPad 2): connects at once, almost immediately, but does not work. iOS plays the track, but no sound on Kodi side.
- from Mac OS X High Sierra (iTunes 12.7.2.58): connection takes time (ca 7 sec), but works perfectly

So the problem is most probably not on Apple side. Something is broken in Kodi.
Welcom in Apple's world - if you want it to work reliable, buy some other apple toy. Apple sabotages libshairplay with every update to their ios. So this behaviour is absolutely expected.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
i managed to get it working...its working perfect now...

im not sure it this was the reasson but
it seems like if u turn the switch on the side to mute it dont works....
i just turned the switch and unmuted my phone and it was working LOL

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AirPlay - Unable to Connect0