Fresh Install - crashes before kodi can load to the main menu
Hello All,

I have been searching all over and can not find a solution. I have read many similar issues that did not work for me such as: update drivers, unplug any usb remotes, delete addons.db, and etc. None have worked for me.

I am currently running windows 7, fresh install with all updates. I have currently installed Kodi 17.6, but have tried this with all versions of kodi going back to 15.2. The only one I can get to work is Kodi 15.2.

The issue:

-When using kodi 17 I get the splash screen, then sometimes it goes away to a plan black screen. If i hit the arrow keys I can here kodi's GUI sounds. Other times it stays on the splash screen and can hear the sounds when arrows are pressed as well. After a while(sometimes 30 seconds other times 30+minutes) I then get a windows error kodi has stopped responding and force closes kodi.

-When using kodi 16 i get past the splash screen and I am met with an error "ERROR: Exception caught on main loop. Exiting". I am not as concerned with this as I would ultimately prefer to use kodi 17.

I have a debug log but not sure how to post it in the forums.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
(2017-12-29, 19:27)Marcmin Wrote: Hello All,

I have been searching all over and can not find a solution. I have read many similar issues that did not work for me such as: update drivers, unplug any usb remotes, delete addons.db, and etc. None have worked for me.

I am currently running windows 7, fresh install with all updates. I have currently installed Kodi 17.6, but have tried this with all versions of kodi going back to 15.2. The only one I can get to work is Kodi 15.2.

The issue:

-When using kodi 17 I get the splash screen, then sometimes it goes away to a plan black screen. If i hit the arrow keys I can here kodi's GUI sounds. Other times it stays on the splash screen and can hear the sounds when arrows are pressed as well. After a while(sometimes 30 seconds other times 30+minutes) I then get a windows error kodi has stopped responding and force closes kodi.

-When using kodi 16 i get past the splash screen and I am met with an error "ERROR: Exception caught on main loop. Exiting". I am not as concerned with this as I would ultimately prefer to use kodi 17.

I have a debug log but not sure how to post it in the forums.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I think this is the way to attach the debug log....
https://pastebin.com/pkteC1Bk
It is. Also quoting your own full first post is a tad unnecessary though.
You could just simply edit your initial post, and add the debug log link... ;-)
So I wanted to see if my laptop could handle kodi 17 so I dual booted into Ubuntu and installed kodi 17. Everything works perfectly when in ubuntu 16 but not when in Windows 7. I just wish I could get it to work with windows 7.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fresh Install - crashes before kodi can load to the main menu0