Solved Missing Movies When Viewing by Title
When I select "Title" under the default skin to show all movies sorted alphabetically, Kodi shows ~210 movies. The library it is pulling from (on a NAS) has ~1,900. When viewing by genre, Kodi shows 250-280 in each genre... well over the amount shown in the Title section. There is no filter in place under title. I have tried clearing the library and rebuilding (twice) and renaming all files with tinyMediaManager. The movies that appear under the Titles section is different each time. This is happening on Kodi 17.x on an Nvidia Shield. Have I hit a maximum number limit in Kodi?

The share it is pulling from is set up as:
Movies
--Action
--Adventure
--Childrens
etc.
I have it currently set with "Movies" as the source pulling from a SMB share. I also tried adding each sub-directory as a separate source, but ran in to the same issue.

Okay... this is interesting: Nothing in the Titles section is rated over PG. Is there a way for me to limit the contents of this outside of the filter?
Hello mortify

Could you provide a debug log (wiki). The instructions are in my signature. Use the Basic method. Once you have enabled debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging, restart Kodi then replicate the problem. In your case, run an Update Library. Once done upload to https://paste.ubuntu.com/ and link back here. Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
**SOLVED**

There was a top level rule on the nodes limiting the MPAA rating to PG. It was a mistake created by me while trying to create a new playlist. At first, it impacted nothing, but after restarting Kodi or rebuilding the library it started limiting what I could see under the Title section. It seems odd that this rule would only impact this one category since movies other than PG were showing up in other sections.
Thread marked solved.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Missing Movies When Viewing by Title0